Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

RVI brake 2. VS Delta Force ?

Has anyone done research and compared the RVI Brake 2 vs. Delta Force?

Both are by very reputable competent companies.....and I don't think either one would be a "poor" choice.....

But the features of the Delta Force (made the same folks that make "Air Force One") seem intriguing.

Let's open up discussion and hear any relevant comments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1424445365.803891.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	86548

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1424445383.627515.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	86549

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hands down it would be IRV brake 2 for me!

2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Hands down it would be IRV brake 2 for me!

Can you say why ?
Old 02-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
First I don't have one I use a Roadmaster Brakemaster because the ease of transfer from toad to toad, mostly from owners that I trust that have them and their raving reviews and the ease of use and transfer from coach to coach and the IRv brake 2 website and their explanation of how it operates.
2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
My vote is for the RVi2 system. In my opinion the size and shape is better, the remote has a display, the pedal clamp is self adjusting, it supports passive and active brake systems, you can add tire pressure monitors, and it does not push on the seat.
Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #6

RVI brake 2. VS Delta Force ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
My vote is for the RVi2 system. In my opinion the size and shape is better, the remote has a display, the pedal clamp is self adjusting, it supports passive and active brake systems, you can add tire pressure monitors, and it does not push on the seat.

Did you go to the website? My screenshot cuts off much of the reading material.....sorry it wouldn't all fit 😃

The Delta Force does NOT push on the seat.....it has a cable connected to the firewall which holds it in position.

It also has a patented easy to use pedal clamp.

It also supports passive and active brake systems.

Plus it has this:

Dual-Signal Braking Profile
The only portable system to offer dual-signal braking. Delta Force will operate as a fully-proportional, inertia-based system; but, with optional addition (parts included) of the brake light signal from the coach Delta is automatically transformed to a level no portable system before has been to.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Unless you tow a bunch of different cars I give 'em both a resounding thumbs down.

Story elsewhere on the forums in a Tire Pressure Monitor thread. about a man who noticed the tires on his towed heating up..

Every time you tow you have to install those systems (Both of 'em) and this means there is a chance to make a mistake.. That is what happened, he made a mistake, had the TPMS not caught it, he could have either had to do a brake job when he got where he was going, or he might have had a towed fire.

I have spoken to folks who, when towing a short distance (Say to the dealer), OH, forget it, too much trouble for this short tow.

I much prefer an installed system, Bolted in once, and then to tow you just plug in a cord or two... Way better in my not at all humble opinion, It is always there,, and if the original install is done right (mine was not, but I fixed it,,,, after a brake job,,,,) then all you need do is hook up the control cord a few seconds, so no temptation to "oh forget it" for a short tow. Like when I towed the car a mile up to PEP boys for a new fuel pump.

Tags
brake