Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Rmblaster View Post
Looking for good or bad info on the RVI brake system for those you have bought it are you happy with it ?
Purchased the RviBrake a couple of months ago when having toad set up. First time I used it, I got a "dead battery" message on remote display. Found out the 12vt outlet in the dash of my 2012 Subaru was on a 10amp fuse and it was blown. I called RviBrake and was told that the unit should only draw around 8 amps max. Outlet in jockey box is on a 20 amp fuse so I decided to use that one. Now a couple of months later, I just returned from 1000 mile trip down the Oregon coast. Four or five times while driving, got the "dead battery" message again. Each time when I had a chance to stop, I would check small light on the units power plug and it was still lit. I would unplug it, plug it back in push the "auto start" button and everything would be fine for a 100 miles or so, then same problem. Called RviBrake again and their solution was to wire 12vt outlet directly to battery and they supplied their kit free. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but I'm hoping it solves the issue. I do like the size, weight of unit but, it needs to prove that it can work as advertised.

Andy & Cheryl & Mini-Poodle Sonny
2011 35H Bounder - 2012 Subaru Outback
Roadmaster Sterling - RVibrake
aschuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!