Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RVI Brake System

Looking for good or bad info on the RVI brake system for those you have bought it are you happy with it ?

Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It appears that whoever buys one is sworn to secrecy

Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep thats the one i called and talked to the owner Dan today and he answered all of my ques. so I also ordered one today got it for a real good price from RVi Brake Supplemental Braking System
sounds like its going to work great

Richard
Old 03-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmblaster View Post
Yep thats the one i called and talked to the owner Dan today and he answered all of my ques. so I also ordered one today got it for a real good price from RVi Brake Supplemental Braking System
sounds like its going to work great

Richard
Hope it wasn't much better than the $995.00 I just spent , or I may have to make a call on Monday.
Happy trails.
Chuck
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got it for $914 plus shipping
Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Update *** took a 200 mi trip using our new rvi brake system and I can report that it worked flawlessly even the monitor worked good its light weight easy to install and set up its great did I say I really like it
Old 04-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Getting the bus out of storage this week and getting new tires on her then home so I can get all hooked up and tested before we take off this summer. Trying to get my 'honey dos' done between work and before bringing bus home because DW knows once I get the coach home, that's where I'll be. Glad it worked good and I'm sure mine will as well. Thanks for the update.
Chuck
Old 07-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
rv1 brake

Hi, I bought one but have not used it yet but will post results asap. 995.00, Reports seem good, nice to see others have bought it and good reviews so far. paul
Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We just got back from a 6300 mi trip and the only issue I had with it was the monitor would lose communication called Dan at RVI and he shipped us an extended antenna to our frist destination put it on and it solved the issue no more problems for the rest of the trip great product and very good customer support
Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
RVI Brake

We just returned from a 3000 mile trip with RVI brake. It worked well. I seem to have problems with my toad in that RVI brake was always telling me I had a low battery and would shut itself off....as is in its design. I'm going to install a unit that will allow my mh to charge my battery. I'm hoping that solves my problem. Dan will answer all questions and he also sent me at different antenna at no cost to correct the loss of communication issue.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Finally got to use our RVI Brake this past week. Trip from Chatt to Kingston NH to visit DW's family. allworked good and only had a loss of communications a couple times. Worst problem I had was 1st day power pluc would work loose from pickup 12v socket, moved it to 12v socket in center console and that fixed that. Was thinking of getting a 6' 12v extender cable and moving the monitor over by side window instead of right of steering wheel in dash. Wonder if cell phones or myfi or Sirius radio was interfering with it. Few more days here then of to the Poconos for a week, then side trip to New,ar to pick up a few parts and a tour. Hope all are having a safe 4th.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Give Dan a call over at RVI brake and he will send you an extended antenna for no charge . My unit worked good on its first trip then i added a gps and then i was getting loss of comunication installed the new antena and it took care of it
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
I've had my RVI Brake System about three months and have taken three trips for a total of about a 1000 miles. Everthing has worked perfectly without any problems so far. I test the system every time I use it and one can certainly feel the braking action from my toad. It's a real confidence booster that the system is working. Try it, you'll like it!

Tags
brake