Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRVDoU View Post
I just installed the Blue Ox Aventa tow bar on my 2015 Allegro Bus and base plate on the Chevy Equinox. Got the RVIBrake2 and the towed vehicle battery charger. I think I will order the 12V adapter and install it as I don't think the internal 12V plugs will put out enough dedicated power.

Seems like a good setup so far - plan to order the TPMS soon....RVIBrake customer support has been great...the whole setup - Aventa tow bar, baseplate, RVIBrake2 and related accessories was about $2400 total...

IRVDoU, that is the exact combination with the Blue Ox Aventa and the RVIBrake system. That I am going to pull my 2008 Tahoe. The reviews on the Aventa tow bar said of aggressive wear on the connection (ball connector) hitch receiver. I would like to hear if you experience the same wear as the reviews mentioned. Please keep in-touch. Thanks!
Freebird1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #16

Gemini, what year is your Enclave? I'm having a problem with my 2015 Acadia and GM claims it's due to my RVI system. Appreciate an email to joelyn5@verizon.net
Old 02-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
I also have the RVI battery charger. I discovered that my charge wire from the coach was not energized and it took me a while to find the problem. I couldn't get it going for our 1st trip towing the F150. It was only a 5 hour trip and the battery was fine when we arrived. Did you go multiple days when you found the dead battery or did it discharge all in one day? We may need it for a few long travel days heading west to AZ and UT in Apr. We probably will not unhitch the F150 along the way.

My dealings with RVI have been similar to yours, working through some minor setup issues. 1st class customer service.
I actually had it go dead over a couple of days and part of the problem was that i just stopped to sleep and did not turn the brake system off. So it ran part of the day that night and the next day. I noticed that the monitor said something about low battery but I did not realize it was the toad battery that was low.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
I actually had it go dead over a couple of days and part of the problem was that i just stopped to sleep and did not turn the brake system off. So it ran part of the day that night and the next day. I noticed that the monitor said something about low battery but I did not realize it was the toad battery that was low.
Thanks for that information. Hopefully I have my 12V charging in place now and I won't have to worry about it. I can see how the RVI2 could easily get left on when you pull into a park after a long day.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyn5 View Post
Gemini, what year is your Enclave? I'm having a problem with my 2015 Acadia and GM claims it's due to my RVI system. Appreciate an email to joelyn5@verizon.net
I sent you an email with the subject as IRV2 conversation. If you do not get it send me a private message on here and i will send it again.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:51 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
I use the RVIBrake 2 without a battery charger and have not had any battery issues. Great product!

Tags
abs, brake