Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
RViBrake2

Just bought the RViBrake2.
Just wondering if anyone has the RViBrake system and how it's working out, all the comments I have seen say it's a good system. I will be towing a Jeep TJ and, wasn't even going to worry about aux braking but good sense prevailed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not familiar with it but a search of the forum yields a few hits.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5086206

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I upgraded my RVi 1 to the 2 and it works fine. I was having a few strange problems with the first model but the upgrade took care of that problem.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
No problems so far, nice company to work with.
Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
I upgraded my RVi 1 to the 2 and it works fine. I was having a few strange problems with the first model but the upgrade took care of that problem.
What problems were you having? We have had our RVi 1 for a couple years now and had problems with loosing coms with the unit. They sent a longer antenna for the brake unit and that seems fixed, but was wondering if I would be having other issues.
Thanks in advance.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wrote this in another post but will finish the rest of the story in this one.

I broke the antenna connection inside the case. It was totally my fault and nothing at all to do with the design or quality of the unit.

I called the company and told them what I had done and asked for a return authorization to get it fixed. They informed me that it was still under warranty and that they would email me a UPS pre paid label. All I needed to do was print the label out, follow the directions on attaching it to the box and send it to them. Because it was under warranty they apreciated my being honest with them about being the one who broke it but they would fix it at their cost. By the end of the day I had a UPS label in my mail. I printed it out and attached it to the box and shipped it on a Saturday morning. By Thursday morning of the same week it had been repaired and I received it. I did not have to pay any fees to ship it or for the repair.

In modern times with companies looking for excuses not to repair items under warranty and sometimes you have to argue why a defective unit was not your fault. It is refreshing to see a company saying that we will fix it under warranty even though it was the customers fault. They also paid for the shipping

And by the way the unit really works well for my uses.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
What problems were you having? We have had our RVi 1 for a couple years now and had problems with loosing coms with the unit. They sent a longer antenna for the brake unit and that seems fixed, but was wondering if I would be having other issues. Thanks in advance.
I was getting error codes and loss of connectivity under hard braking. It had just started during our last trip prior to going full time. All is good now.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Wthur...We bought a 2013 Newmar Canyon Star and also traded our '95 Wrangler in for a '13 Wrangler (2Dr). We never did have a brake system in the old Jeep. The older ones were much lighter than the current ones. But we decided to do it right with the new MH and toad and, after a lot of research we bought the RVi-2.
Got back a few weeks ago from a 3000 + mile trip using the RVI-2 and we are very pleased with it. Always seemed to be doing what it was supposed to. Easy enough to use. People at the manufacturer are always willing to help. As far as we're concerned we are looking for many more miles using this brake system. Good luck with yours.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #9

Mr. Gemini, which braking system did you have that you broke?????
Old 10-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
wthur, you won't regret buying the RVi. I''ve been running my RVi-1 for over a year now, with minimal problems-- actually one problem, and that is that I find the remote monitor, with its attached 12v cigarette lighter mount, a pita to use. As a result I don't use it. One of these days I'll rewire things and turn it into a dash mount.

But the brake unit itself works like a champ and hasn't burped once in 14 months. I have no plans to go to the -2 because I already have a TST TPMS.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #11

I bought the RVI 2 this summer and used it to tow my Hyundai Elantra GT. Went all through Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. This product worked great and is very user friendly.

Tags
brake