Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
RVibrake3 Auxiliary Braking System

I have a 2002 Suzuki Vitari tow car. I want to put in a brake system. I was looking at RVibrake3 Auxiliary Braking System on line. Is this a good choice?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
WDW

We have the 2 and it's an awesome choice. 3 has upgrades which you may or may not like. Sometimes KISS is better.

WDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I love my RVi3. It's crazy easy to install, super light weight, and self contained. You can use it with or without the tablet. I can't wait for the TPMS.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahdan View Post
I love my RVi3. It's crazy easy to install, super light weight, and self contained. You can use it with or without the tablet. I can't wait for the TPMS.
Agree with this. Have been using the RVi3 since late December 2016 in our 2013 Wrangler. Great product, and easy to setup.
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #5

RVi3

Mine arrives tomorrow. Install set for this weekend. Will report back. This on a 2014 CRV.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:38 AM   #6

Just used RVI3 on Jeep Cherokee for trip from Ohio to Myrtle Beach. Super easy to install and operated well. One note on tablet and hub. They would not alway communicate with one another. Also hub tablet functions as digital level. Tried them with setting up and found old fashioned level easier to use. But, it may be getting used to the digital readout or operator error rather than the RVI3.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #7

I have my hub mounted in the bathroom cabinet where Newmar located the fuses and breakers. This made easy to install a 12 volt outlet for power. I leveled the coach and then calibrated the hub to level based on its permanent position in the cabinet. I can use auto level and my jacks but the RVi tablet and hub let me know how far off I am before deploying the jacks in case I need to use blocks before leveling. I've also used the tablet to level the coach when auto level decided to raise the front wheels off the ground (I manually lowered the rear instead)

If you have trouble connecting the tablet and hub, reset the hub per RVi's instructions and the tablet will connect properly.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #8

Thanks
Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
I have my hub mounted in the bathroom cabinet where Newmar located the fuses and breakers. This made easy to install a 12 volt outlet for power. I leveled the coach and then calibrated the hub to level based on its permanent position in the cabinet. I can use auto level and my jacks but the RVi tablet and hub let me know how far off I am before deploying the jacks in case I need to use blocks before leveling. I've also used the tablet to level the coach when auto level decided to raise the front wheels off the ground (I manually lowered the rear instead)

If you have trouble connecting the tablet and hub, reset the hub per RVi's instructions and the tablet will connect properly.
FYI, When using the hub as a level you are not suppose to leave it where it is mounted. You are suppose to remove it from the magnetic mount, place it on the floor of the RV as close to center as possible with the arrow on the hub facing forward.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #10

That is why the hub was calibrated in its position after the coach was leveled the old fashioned way.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #11

CRV Install Complete

Just completed a total installation on my 2014 CRV.

Blue Ox base plate, Demco Dominator, a RVi3 system with battery charger, Hopkins wiring harness, Towmaster charge line for the RV and brake light disconnect relay. Wire loomed all the wires and took my time with routing.

About $2400 for the parts, labor was me, and from the quotes I got from the local shops I saved close to 2K due to labor.

Testing went well. Default settings for a "Small SUV" had the brakes engaging when needed. Haven't tried the other features yet.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #12

Quote:

Quote:
That is why the hub was calibrated in its position after the coach was leveled the old fashioned way.
knightstorm:
You have done what I am considering to do when I receive mine. I've been (not so) patiently waiting for the Tire Patrol to arrive in the same box as the RVI3 brake.

I have set up a device charging station in the electrical cabinet above the pooper. The only difference is that I have added a 110VAC outlet, assuming the hub comes with an AC adapter to USB?? Adding 12VDC is even easier, if needed. I was hoping that the Command Center hub could be permanently mounted in the cabinet.

I am assuming that you have mounted the hub on a horizontal surface with the arrow pointing forward, then (as you've said) calibrating it to a previously perfect leveled coach? Is the calibration process straight forward?

This makes great sense. Thanks for posting.
bydnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #13

RVibrake3 Auxiliary Braking System

They use a dual-port USB power adapter that plugs into an AC outlet or a 12 volt outlet.

The RVI adapter is larger than it needs to be. You can use a properly rated cigarette lighter USB adapter and save space.

Tags
brake