Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #1

I couldn't find a more appropriate place for this. Moderators please move if in the incorrect place.

My wife and I drove our MH from our home in NE Louisiana down to Baton Rouge, some 150 miles south of us with the intention of buying a new Saturn Vue and to return home that evening.

When we finally decided on the car we wanted the very patient Saturn saleslady (who had also sold us the SC2 a couple of years ago) began the process of getting the tow bar, etc. installed.

Parts dept. reps told her that they had in stock everything needed to complete the job, and service said that they could complete the installation within a couple of hours.

After running all of the wiring, etc., the master tech installing the towing package could not find the proper base plate. Although inventory told them that they had a 4cy baseplate in stock, they in fact had only two 6cy baseplates.

It was at this time that the general manager became involved, not at my request, but as a matter of practice at this particular dealership.

He and the service manager personally began to call around the local area in an attempt to locate the proper baseplate. One of the local RV dealers said that they could get one out of CA and have it overnighted to BR.

By this time it was 5pm. The general manager gave me and my wife a loaner car and cash for dinner. He also provided a place for us to camp overnight with water and electricity. The next morning our sales rep brought breakfast to us.

The sales rep asked if she could walk our dog. She took him inside the sales area to "meet" all of her collegues. Employes came our from offices well in the back of the dealership to hug and pet him.

I've always said, love my dog...love me!

The baseplate arrived about 2 hours earlier than expected and once again I became "prioroty number 1." Two techs got back on the job installing the baseplate and reassembling everything. They wired up the connectors on the coiled cable between MH and toad, and after fueling and washing the Vue, we were ready to leave.

I was permitted to go into the service area and watch up close as the techs worked. The master tech in charge ran a pretty good "step-by-step" description for me as he worked.

We were back on the road by 2:30 pm. They had earlier presented to me and my wife several Saturn trademarked items (caps, etc.). When we left the general manager, service manager, one of the techs who worked on the vehicle, two sales reps and the fellow who washed the Vue for us were there to shake our hands and wish us a safe trip home.

The whole dealership made an otherwise frustrating event become an "adventure." Their drive to see that although we were inconvenienced we were not inconvenienced any more than necessary, and were very comfortable in the meantime.

The Vue is the second Saturn that I have purchased from the dealership. I have no reservations about going back, or recommending them to others in the area, or who may be passing through and in need of either service, or a vehicle.

There is only one Saturn dealer in Baton Rouge: Saturn of Baton Rouge, a Gerry Lane Enterprise. The General Manager is Roland Escher. They will be moving from their current mid-town location to a site just off I-10 within the next couple of months.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #2

I couldn't find a more appropriate place for this. Moderators please move if in the incorrect place.

My wife and I drove our MH from our home in NE Louisiana down to Baton Rouge, some 150 miles south of us with the intention of buying a new Saturn Vue and to return home that evening.

When we finally decided on the car we wanted the very patient Saturn saleslady (who had also sold us the SC2 a couple of years ago) began the process of getting the tow bar, etc. installed.

Parts dept. reps told her that they had in stock everything needed to complete the job, and service said that they could complete the installation within a couple of hours.

After running all of the wiring, etc., the master tech installing the towing package could not find the proper base plate. Although inventory told them that they had a 4cy baseplate in stock, they in fact had only two 6cy baseplates.

It was at this time that the general manager became involved, not at my request, but as a matter of practice at this particular dealership.

He and the service manager personally began to call around the local area in an attempt to locate the proper baseplate. One of the local RV dealers said that they could get one out of CA and have it overnighted to BR.

By this time it was 5pm. The general manager gave me and my wife a loaner car and cash for dinner. He also provided a place for us to camp overnight with water and electricity. The next morning our sales rep brought breakfast to us.

The sales rep asked if she could walk our dog. She took him inside the sales area to "meet" all of her collegues. Employes came our from offices well in the back of the dealership to hug and pet him.

I've always said, love my dog...love me!

The baseplate arrived about 2 hours earlier than expected and once again I became "prioroty number 1." Two techs got back on the job installing the baseplate and reassembling everything. They wired up the connectors on the coiled cable between MH and toad, and after fueling and washing the Vue, we were ready to leave.

I was permitted to go into the service area and watch up close as the techs worked. The master tech in charge ran a pretty good "step-by-step" description for me as he worked.

We were back on the road by 2:30 pm. They had earlier presented to me and my wife several Saturn trademarked items (caps, etc.). When we left the general manager, service manager, one of the techs who worked on the vehicle, two sales reps and the fellow who washed the Vue for us were there to shake our hands and wish us a safe trip home.

The whole dealership made an otherwise frustrating event become an "adventure." Their drive to see that although we were inconvenienced we were not inconvenienced any more than necessary, and were very comfortable in the meantime.

The Vue is the second Saturn that I have purchased from the dealership. I have no reservations about going back, or recommending them to others in the area, or who may be passing through and in need of either service, or a vehicle.

There is only one Saturn dealer in Baton Rouge: Saturn of Baton Rouge, a Gerry Lane Enterprise. The General Manager is Roland Escher. They will be moving from their current mid-town location to a site just off I-10 within the next couple of months.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #3

IT is good to here there still some dealers that care about there customers good luck with the new VUE.

www.gsowners.com/
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote