Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Saturn Warranty Service

I just wanted to share with you that our 2008 Saturn Vue needed service regarding a buzz in the muffler. Apparently a weld in there was never made or it broke whatever. When we went to Florence from Conway, our dealer, Saturn of Florence, told me that we were going to fit it.

To fix that the Vue needs an entirely new exhaust system from the CAT back since it's a long life system. I believe the OE system is one piece.

We departed Florence having been assured that the part was on order and we would get a call.

In a couple of days the parts department called and I was transferred to service. Mike the service manager said that he would come out to where we live some 55+ miles away and pick up our car, fix it and return the car to us ASAP.

Well that happened exactly as planned. Mike showed up here with a 2009 Saturn Vue with 1,600 miles on the odometer and he took our car back to Florence. We kept the 09 for about 24 hours. We took a ride in it to compare the 08 from the 09 etc. Not too remarkable is that they only made very minor changes. The 09 get a trip and status computer like all the rest of the GM cars with per position inflation information. The radio in the 09 had a 6 CD changer with upgraded speakers and a bit more power. The display went from LCD to LED in the command center on the dash. That's about it.

While our Vue was there, Saturn issued a voluntary recall about color keyed door handles. When our Vue came back it had all chrome door handles. A nice upgrade for free.

This was a very positive service experience for us and I expect that the next time we need a car we'll be visiting our Roger Penske, Saturn of Florence dealership.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm glad to hear about your experience. My own experiences with local Saturn dealers under warranty were one of the principal reasons that I bought a used, out of warranty Saturn this time. I just didn't want to go through the hassles again.

I was hoping that, as an independent company, Saturn would show a little more customer sensitivity. I'm hoping that your experience was driven by a corporate policy within Saturn and not just by an exemplary local dealer.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote