Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Has anyone seen any information on whether the new GM crossover SUVs (Saturn Outlook & GMC Acadia) will be towable? They have the new GM 6 speed auto and are available in front drive and all-wheel-drive models.

We like the styling of the Acadia and would consider swapping our 2003 Tracker ZR2 if it is towable. My guess is that worst case would be a requirement for a Remco lube pump, but they are too new to be listed yet on the Remco Towing site.

GMC Acadia

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2006, 06:04 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Has anyone seen any information on whether the new GM crossover SUVs (Saturn Outlook & GMC Acadia) will be towable? They have the new GM 6 speed auto and are available in front drive and all-wheel-drive models.

We like the styling of the Acadia and would consider swapping our 2003 Tracker ZR2 if it is towable. My guess is that worst case would be a requirement for a Remco lube pump, but they are too new to be listed yet on the Remco Towing site.

GMC Acadia

Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
If I were you, I'd keep the Tracker.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

This is our second Tracker and I highly recommend them (and sister Suzuki Grand Vitara) as toads. However, we are thinking we would like something a bit bigger this time around and the 2007 Suzuki XL7 is not towable (it's a re-engineered Chevy Equinox). The Acadia caught our eye, though its quite a large step up in size.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #5

Why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
If I were you, I'd keep the Tracker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:22 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Roamer:

We like the styling of the Acadia and would consider swapping our 2003 Tracker ZR2 if it is towable. My guess is that worst case would be a requirement for a Remco lube pump, but they are too new to be listed yet on the Remco Towing site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Gary,

According to the information I have access to, these vehicles will be equipped with an all new 6T75 automatic transaxle and both the FWD and AWD versions can be safely flat towed without modifications. The ignition fuse should be removed from the underhood electrical center to prevent battery rundown and there is a lubrication procedure to follow occassionally while towing. See the owner's manual for details.
Horsepowerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">these vehicles will be equipped with an all new 6T75 automatic transaxle and both the FWD and AWD versions can be safely flat towed without modifications. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Jim. That's great news. I'd like the AWD version.

The GMC web site says it has the 6T75 but I had not found any further info on it except of course that it is a six speed.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:20 AM   #8

Take a look at where The Outlook is being build, in my home town

The Outlook built here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Roamer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">these vehicles will be equipped with an all new 6T75 automatic transaxle and both the FWD and AWD versions can be safely flat towed without modifications. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Jim. That's great news. I'd like the AWD version.

The GMC web site says it has the 6T75 but I had not found any further info on it except of course that it is a six speed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-20-2006, 06:10 AM   #9

Ooops my mistake

The Outlook, Acadia and the Buick Enclave are all made in my hometown

New Outlook, Acadia & Enclave Here

GMC Acadia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>