After having three failures on the connection of my Brake Buddy to my Honda, I finally have the fix. I melted three of the standard socket connections.
Also it always sounded like the BB was running on low voltage. Anyway, I took a standard extension cord rated at 16 amps and connected the female end to the Honda and the male end to the BB. I now have more that 1 volt more at the BB.
The problem was with the factory connection, there is not enough surface contact and this causes resistance and then you get heat which melted the plastic. I now have maybe 500% more surface contact so I get no resistance so I get no heat. d
You cannot get it pluged in wrong because the connection has a wide terminal and narrow terminal. See the pic.I also thought the BB was leaking air and therefor it was running too much. I measured the leakdown time and it is 45 minutes. No problem there.