Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
Blue Ox Aventa and a US Gear UTB system. Using both for 5 years no problems.

What I used when I towed as well, Very happy with it.

However knowing more now than I did then I would recommend looking at the Ready Brute tow bar with Ready Brake..

When I say "Take a look at it" I mean take a look at it. You will have to decide if you wish to buy it. But both of those systems have advantages.

I like the fact that the US-Gear system gives me a whole lot of control over the towed's brakes, more than any other system out there.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
M&G brake system and Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar. From my studies and what I have personally heard, it is better to go with a system that adds to your toad master brake cylinder rather than have a system that applies pressure to you car brake pedal. I have a Monaco Dynasty and pull a Jeep Wrangler. I know that many others have their suggestions and favorites and I only suggest you do your research and go with really good equipment.

stratoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #17
There are a lot of proponents of the ready brake system, however I am not one of them. It has the same problems as any surge brake system.

While it uses the towed vehicle's brakes they are activated the same way as any other surge brake. That means no towed vehicle brakes when stopped on an incline, and poor performance over rough terrain.

I've had several trailers with surge brakes and electric brakes, I'll never go back to surge brakes.

Having said all this we use a Roadmaster Sterling (prior to the Sterling All Terrain) tow bar and a Roadmaster Brakemaster braking system. There is a version of the Brakemaster for diesel motorhomes. It uses the coach onboard air system rather than a seperate compressor.
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by HabitatGuy View Post
Mixed info for you here. Have been towing '00 jeep wrangler with Roadmaster Stowmaster vehicle mounted setup with Roadmaster EvenBrake for the last three years. We just purchased a new toad last week, a '12 Jeep Liberty. Will be switching to a MH mounted Blue Ox Aventa tow bar w/ Blue Ox base plate. Will be transferring the EvenBrake over to new vehicle. Was real happy with Stowmaster setup, but wanted to maintain a clean look on the Liberty and found a great buy locally on a used blue Ox bar. Sounds like you have made a choice on a good setup.
I also have Stowmasther and EvenBrake but the installer can't get past all the error messages to get it working. Any suggestions wouldbe appreicated.
Just purchased the car new,EvenBrake is used. thanks,Jim
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
Originally Posted by redtop
I also have Stowmasther and EvenBrake but the installer can't get past all the error messages to get it working. Any suggestions wouldbe appreicated.
Just purchased the car new,EvenBrake is used. thanks,Jim
Very sorry I don't have a good answer to that. I also bought our even brake used. Did the install myself, called Roadmaster once with question and everything's worked great. No experience with error messages. Have your installer call Roadmaster tech help. You don't have to be original owner. Good luck. Hope you get it straightened out as we really like the system.

HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote