Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That is the same car, it has work well for us.
You can us magnetic lights on th small strip in front of the the trunk, it's steel.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
i have a 1991 Miata with a manual 5 speed tranny. reading the above post I see it is possible. How hard is it to flat tow with a Class A. Also do you have to do anything with the tran oil and rear end?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster54 View Post
i have a 1991 Miata with a manual 5 speed tranny. reading the above post I see it is possible. How hard is it to flat tow with a Class A. Also do you have to do anything with the tran oil and rear end?
I change my tranny oil every year, diff every other year. Diff isn't doing anything different.

As far as towing you need the towbars as level as possible. You may have to get another hitch attachment that will lower the towbars.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #18

Flat towing Miata

I got a lot of help thru this forum when setting my Miata (2007) up for flat towing, so here's my two cents worth:

The only tow bar mounting bracket out there is from Roadmaster, but it worked great. Really a nice kit, fit perfectly, and seems like a good quality setup. I needed an adapter for use with a Demco tow bar, but that works perfectly as well. I changed my transmission oil and the differential oil (used Royal Purple for extra peace of mind) and towed the car around a little in testing. No problems, so far, so we're planning our first trip in a week or so.

Someone mentioned the wireless lights. I ordered a set of those last, wired and connected the plug-in adapter (transmitter), and was, again, amazed at how well this has gone together. I'm expecting a lot of battery usage, so plan on using rechargeables, but otherwise very satisfied with them.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #19

I have a 2009 Miata 6 speed the book states it cannot be towed. Do you have to set up different?
Old 03-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnTerF View Post
I have a 2009 Miata 6 speed the book states it cannot be towed.
No. There is only ONE set up.

If you will take another look at your book, it makes NO differentiation between the Automatic transmission, which CANNOT be towed, and the Manual transmission, which in the opinion of those towing it, is VERY towable.

I towed a 2010 6-speed over 16,000 mines and have now towed a 2012 6-speed over 18,000 miles.

I have helped 100+ owners (many in this forum) to get their Miatas flat towable. PM me if you want more information.

Tim

Tags
tow, towing