Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #1

Any one using this brand? The local RV shop says that it is the best for my Jeep, I have not read much about them what is your opion of this brake system?

Earl

www.gsowners.com/
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #2

Any one using this brand? The local RV shop says that it is the best for my Jeep, I have not read much about them what is your opion of this brake system?

Earl

www.gsowners.com/
Old 12-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I have been using the Silent Partner unit for several years now and love it. I like being able to adjust the toad's brakes for severe downhill braking action and the ability to switch between latched and real time on the dash controller. You can get the units HERE
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #4

I have been using the SMI Stay n Play in my 02 Jeep Wrangler for a couple years. It works great. Install was no problem.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. I had to call SMI today because there is no place for the operating unit to mount under seat or dash as it is 3x9x11 to high to go under seat. They told me to mount it with velcro behind the rear seat this way it can be removed if I want to use the back of the Jeep, They told me this would work fine and I can leave it in or remove the box with no problem to avoid damage.Looks like its going to be the Silent Partner model. Thanks again

Earl

www.gsowners.com/
Old 12-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #6

I place mine behind the driver seat on the floor. It is easy to put in and take out, and doesn't require strapping down. Of course no one ever rides in the back seat. Either way will work. As you discovered, the people at SMI are very helpful and easy to work with.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #7

Bob I was very impressed with there service. I called when they were out to lunch at 1pm my time they called back at 2:05 as soon as lunch was over and gave all the info I needed. Also told me to call back if there was any problems. Love to deal with a good co.

Earl

www.gsowners.com/
Old 12-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I've been talking with Pete about being an iRV2.com Advertiser. So. If you talk to him just let him know that you saw this post on iRV2.com. He knows me because I see him quite often at RV shows and rallies across the country.

Pete is working on an Air Force "Two" for me and we'll see how that works out in a couple of months when I meet up with him in Florida.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Speaking of service and Pete....When I had the Trailblazer as a toad I had just recently bought the Essex and was having issues with the two communicating with one another after installing all the stuff in the Essex...

When I called SMI the person I was put through to was in fact Pete, on his cell phone as he and his wife were traveling....He ended up giving me his cell number as I had several things to do to fix the issue and had to call him back once or twice....THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote