Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
SMI Plug & Play braking system- ADVICE

Does anyone have any advice on using a Plug & Play Part # PP0701 system on an '03 Saturn Vue 5 spd toad? I only see Stay & Play and the A/F One systems on the SMI website. Is this an older model & if it's new in the box - any cause to worry about using this one?
Thanks...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have that model on a Chev Avalanche. It usually works well but sometimes does not seem to work. It relies on "radio" transmissions. I sometimes do not get signal that brakes are working. Could be brakes are working but signal is not received in RV. We have 40' RV so maybe too far for some signals and more prone to radio interference. When wife is following me after disconnecting tow, she says brakes work very well. (The RV will turn on tow's brakes even when tow is disconnected.) (Of course the brake system can be turned off when disconnected, but sometimes forget). I have been told that my Pressure Pro tire monitoring system can interfere with SMI's radio transmissions. A couple of times when not getting good signals I turned off the Pressure Pro but it made no difference.

John Abbott, 40' Winnebago Journey 2004
Chev Avalanche 2004 Tow
RRGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the older SMI unit in my rig. They do at times have electrical relay issues. rigth now that want me to take out the 4 pieces and send it back to them to fix. I am tempted to upgrade to the new Air Force One with my DP.