Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #1

SMI Stay-in-Play

Does anyone have or know someone who has this unit installed in a 2001 Honda CR-V? I am getting ready to tackle this job and it would sure be nice if I could see a picture of someone else's efforts.
Thank you
Kent

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentM View Post
Does anyone have or know someone who has this unit installed in a 2001 Honda CR-V? I am getting ready to tackle this job and it would sure be nice if I could see a picture of someone else's efforts.
Kent, Not sure about CR-V pictures but if you have any questions, I installed mine!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #3

No photos were found so I just went ahead and put it in today. I have everything done but the cable connection to the firewall for the air cylinder. I need to do a little more research before I punch a hole. There seems to be several layers of insulation and padding to penetrate but I want to make sure I am not drilling into something I shouldn't. By this time tomorrow, there will be photos for the 2001 CR-V!!!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #4

KentM.

I installed the vacuum unit on top of the air cleaner housing with some brackets.
Looking at the firewall from the front, locating the brake booster, I drilled a 1/8" hole at the 4 o'clock position into the firewall. (I removed the carpet on the inside just pulled it back) to locate the drill bit, then I increased the hole to 3/4" and installed a rubber grommet and pulled the wires and vacuum line through.

The installation is quite simple when you follow the instructions provided on the disc, it helps to watch it a few times.

Henry.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply. I have put some photos on this site of my install and it sounds pretty much the same as you describe. I still have not completely tested my unit as the MH is undergoing some work and I don't want to move it. Hopefully I will get to test the unit in about a week.
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1142

kentm
Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #6

When I ordered the SMI Stay-n-Play, the box came with a DVD on how to install it. Just so happens the car in the DVD was a Honda CR-V. Since I was installing it on our Honda CR-V, this DVD made it really simple. Only problem was trying to work in tight quarters under the dash and not being able to see up close without reading glasses.
GAflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #7

The DVD shows a CR-V alright but it is a little bit newer than mine. I know what you mean about the glasses. Same problem here.....
Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #8

KentM.

Remove the plastic cover underneath the steering wheel, there are two screws, one in the left lower tray and one behind the fuse cover panel, then slide the panel up towards the dashboard, this will open up the entire work area.

Henry.