Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
My tongue weight is 1900 lbs which is a little more than I am comfortable with. It tows so much nicer with the toad. The toad does not change the GCVW but does put much less load on the frame and hitch.
I agree with the more than comfortable with. I am in the process of getting a stacker so until I actually can get my "stuff" aboard I do not know. The trailer has a tongue weight scale so I can experiment to my hearts content.

I am loading two motorcycles (1100 and 900 lbs) and a SUV (4700 lb). By exchanging the two motorcycles and loading the SUV engine forwards and backwards I hope to be able to stay within the coach specs. I have room to move the SUV ahead or back of center so am keeping my fingers crossed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I agree with the more than comfortable with. I am in the process of getting a stacker so until I actually can get my "stuff" aboard I do not know. The trailer has a tongue weight scale so I can experiment to my hearts content.

I am loading two motorcycles (1100 and 900 lbs) and a SUV (4700 lb). By exchanging the two motorcycles and loading the SUV engine forwards and backwards I hope to be able to stay within the coach specs. I have room to move the SUV ahead or back of center so am keeping my fingers crossed.
Sounds like you have room to play around with where your load is situated. Unfortunately I am stuffed..LOL

Old 05-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Sounds like you have room to play around with where your load is situated. Unfortunately I am stuffed..LOL
Wow - from the picture in your avatar you have room for a lot of toys. You can never have too many toys!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Wow - from the picture in your avatar you have room for a lot of toys. You can never have too many toys!
Very true. It is a bigger trailer than I wanted but I got a great deal on it. After using it for a few years not sure how I could have made it with a smaller one..LOL
Old 05-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Are you going to wrap your trailer to match your new coach?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a question regarding axle capacity.

I am ordering a stacker which I will load to 15,000 GVW or a bit less. What size axles should I order. Spread triaxle trailer.

Thanks for any help or insights.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Are you going to wrap your trailer to match your new coach?

My new coach has a paint scheme that has a white streak from front to back. I am hoping it ties in well. If not I will wrap it.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #36

Quote:
I have a question regarding axle capacity.

I am ordering a stacker which I will load to 15,000 GVW or a bit less. What size axles should I order. Spread triaxle trailer.

Thanks for any help or insights.
I have 7k axles on mine. I would order them so you have more than you need. Trust me you will find all kinds of new things to bring with you when you have room. I speak from experience.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
My new coach has a paint scheme that has a white streak from front to back. I am hoping it ties in well. If not I will wrap it.
I have been in contact with a bunch of wrap merchants. I found this to be one of the more impressive ones and reasonably priced?? I am seriously considering having them wrap our stacker.

Four Color Yuma Support [info@fourcoloryuma.com]

I will try to add a picture of their work. Apparently there is an issue with wrapping in that light colors on coaches are metallic which cannot be replicated in a wrap. Therefore they try to keep the light colors apart so the color difference is minimized.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stacker wrap.jpg
Views:	2151
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	62079  
Old 05-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I have 7k axles on mine. I would order them so you have more than you need. Trust me you will find all kinds of new things to bring with you when you have room. I speak from experience.
I am leaning towards 7,000 as well but our trailer will be 20' so the amount of toys is limited. We have a fairly heavy SUV but would not be looking for anything bigger.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #39

Quote:
I have been in contact with a bunch of wrap merchants. I found this to be one of the more impressive ones and reasonably priced?? I am seriously considering having them wrap our stacker.

Four Color Yuma Support [info@fourcoloryuma.com]

I will try to add a picture of their work. Apparently there is an issue with wrapping in that light colors on coaches are metallic which cannot be replicated in a wrap. Therefore they try to keep the light colors apart so the color difference is minimized.
What is the ballpark price on a wrap?
Old 05-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
4- 5,000 is ballpark. I have checked paint for the same thing and they say 15 - 20,000.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #41

Quote:
4- 5,000 is ballpark. I have checked paint for the same thing and they say 15 - 20,000.
Just thought I'd chip in. Just got a quote from Precision for painting a 24' stacker in four colors. Just under $9k. Hope this helps. While I'm at it, and I am definitely running before I can walk, should I be looming at 450hp+ for towing such a trailer? It will have a Wrangler & Merc convertible in it. No doubt plus other 'stuff' as well.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
Just thought I'd chip in. Just got a quote from Precision for painting a 24' stacker in four colors. Just under $9k. Hope this helps. While I'm at it, and I am definitely running before I can walk, should I be looming at 450hp+ for towing such a trailer? It will have a Wrangler & Merc convertible in it. No doubt plus other 'stuff' as well.

you can never have too much power but 450hp will be fine pulling your trailer. I am pulling a 30ft that is 21k loaded.