Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Our coach will be 450 as well. Limiting factor is the 15,000 drawbar. Chassis manufacturer will not upgrade. (Probably will but for a large cost increase.) Solved it by getting an aluminum stacker that tare's at 6700. Our toys will bring the total to 14100. We are out of space so something has to come out to put more in. This was planned - if I have the space it will be filled!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #44

I have had the hitch upgraded to 20k. Also running the trailer toad takes lots of stress off the hitch.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Our coach will be 450 as well. Limiting factor is the 15,000 drawbar. Chassis manufacturer will not upgrade. (Probably will but for a large cost increase.) Solved it by getting an aluminum stacker that tare's at 6700. Our toys will bring the total to 14100. We are out of space so something has to come out to put more in. This was planned - if I have the space it will be filled!
My next one will be aluminum framed also. What manufacturer have you ordered?
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
My next one will be aluminum framed also. What manufacturer have you ordered?
We settled on InTech. We were dealing with this fellow. Never met him but I think he is really on top of his game and is really into customer service. He seems to work 24/7. Scott Rausch [scott@beckercustomtrailers.com]

We ended up going with a local company as they were about the same price but easier to get to for any issues we could have.

Another one to consider is Factory Transport. Few more dollars and on tandem air 22.5 instead of the spread triple. Scott also deals with them.

Good luck with your selection. Took us a lot of time to spec a unit out. Now that I have figured everything out I hopefully will never use it again.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
I have had the hitch upgraded to 20k. Also running the trailer toad takes lots of stress off the hitch.
I tried to get the hitch upgraded but the salesman said the manufacturer would not increase the capacity. I am glad he did because I like the trailer we ordered better than the original Haulmark that curbed at 12500.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #48

Quote:
We settled on InTech. We were dealing with this fellow. Never met him but I think he is really on top of his game and is really into customer service. He seems to work 24/7. Scott Rausch [scott@beckercustomtrailers.com]

We ended up going with a local company as they were about the same price but easier to get to for any issues we could have.

Another one to consider is Factory Transport. Few more dollars and on tandem air 22.5 instead of the spread triple. Scott also deals with them.

Good luck with your selection. Took us a lot of time to spec a unit out. Now that I have figured everything out I hopefully will never use it again.
I think you made the best choice. I went to their factory last November and got a great tour. Also went to the ATC factory. Intech was founded with ex ATC people and I was really impressed with their product. Factory Transport is about 15 miles from my Texas residence but haven't been there.......thought their prices would be over the top. I know what you mean by trying to get eveything in the right place. Mine works perfect just need 2 more feet for cabinets.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #49

Quote:
I tried to get the hitch upgraded but the salesman said the manufacturer would not increase the capacity. I am glad he did because I like the trailer we ordered better than the original Haulmark that curbed at 12500.
Wow 12,500, is that for a 24ft? I am running a pace shadow 30ft and weigh just over 10k.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #50

Quote:
Wow 12,500, is that for a 24ft? I am running a pace shadow 30ft and weigh just over 10k.
My 24' plus 4' vee is a little over 10k.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #51

If I remember right when I was researching aluminum they were lighter but not by as much I would have thought. I think a 30footer loaded like mine was around 1200 pounds lighter and of course quite a bit more money.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:59 AM   #52

3k lighter on one like mine all aluminum. Frame, all studs and the lift is aluminum. Axles are about the only steel that amounts to any weight.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #53

Quote:
3k lighter on one like mine all aluminum. Frame, all studs and the lift is aluminum. Axles are about the only steel that amounts to any weight.
Which trailer are you going with?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Yes - 24 ft with 16 ft lift. Haulmark Edge Was talking directly to the UTC folks. Kind of shocked me as well. Our 43 5er is only 18,000.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I think you made the best choice. I went to their factory last November and got a great tour. Also went to the ATC factory. Intech was founded with ex ATC people and I was really impressed with their product. Factory Transport is about 15 miles from my Texas residence but haven't been there.......thought their prices would be over the top. I know what you mean by trying to get eveything in the right place. Mine works perfect just need 2 more feet for cabinets.
As I recall the price for the FT was a bit over 2000 more. It also had a 20000 GVW. I decided it was too much and I would not benefit.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #56

Quote:
Which trailer are you going with?
I'm leaning towards InTech. Calling them in the morning. I like the ATC also. The guys in Texas with the 22.5's the wheel wells are so high inside it would make it impossible to get out.....81" between them. Can barely get out with 96"