Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #15

Have just over 5000+ miles on a 2016 Crostrek, which is the same base as the Impreza and have had no problems. Asked service mgr at 3 different dealers and all said their should be no problems.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsunwoo View Post
@franktr, I saw your posts on your experience with your WRX. My question had less to do with if Subaru's warranty will cover the car if it is flat towed, which is no, but if anyone has actually flat towed a 2016+ WRX. Based upon your experience and a few other posts I've read, looks like the issue is with the push-to-start feature. Some of the lower end models do not have the feature, while the limited and STI have it. If you have a WRX with a key, it is easier to know that you have the ignition in the ACC position. I would assume ACC for a push-to-start ignition would require you to hit the button without putting your foot on the brake, but not clear if that allows the steering wheel to turn and if the transmission if fully disengaged in neutral. Spoke to the service center and the 2015-2017 WRX and STI have the same transmission so it seems like isn't a mechanical issue.

My wife and I agreed that it really isn't worth the cost of buying a new car that isn't certified to be towed (regardless if it can be towed) and most likely going to look for a pre-2015 Honda CRV. One concern I had with the WRX/STI is that the baseplate is closer to the ground and people have been hitting their hitch dropper when driving up and down steeper driveways.

I loved that car. It was fun to drive. I was told all should be well and it I wanted they would give me a WRX without a push button start but may not covered a warranty issue. With 35k invested I just did not want to take a chance, so when they offered me to be whole I took it.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:55 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Well, I bought the Subaru Impreza. I invested the money for the base plate and battery trickle charger and new pig tail. Then, on my first trip, I took the car to a restaurant and seriously scraped the underside of the front bumper. It was a very small dip and it really messed up my car. This model is WAY TOO LOW in the front, like a Lotus sports car. This is NOT WHAT I WANTED TO DEAL WITH. I'm very disappointed in this car. I would highly recommend the Subaru Crosstrek, but not the Impreza. Now, I have to treat it like I'm walking on egg shells. So sad. It tows fine and has good interior space and good gas mileage. Just too low front end clearance. I'm stuck with it now forever. Too much money invested to get something else.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:36 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Subrau offered to switch to a WRX with a key and give the difference in cash but, I asked about warenty they said no. Corporate said they did not want any 2016 cars flat towed. I loved that car but they completely made me even plus a little. Now we have a GMC Terrain
Old 10-03-2016, 11:49 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibelview View Post
Have just over 5000+ miles on a 2016 Crostrek, which is the same base as the Impreza and have had no problems. Asked service mgr at 3 different dealers and all said their should be no problems.
Great to hear since we just picked up a new Crosstrek. So far I really like the car, our third Subaru and I think it's going to be perfect.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR4ME View Post
I tow my '14 Crosstrek. It's a great compromise between a car and a jeep.

My thought exactly. It's the way I plan to go if Ford doesn't release the F100.

vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad