Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Tahoe and Airforce 1 install

As if we don't tow enough stuff around, we are adding Airforce 1 brake system to our 04 Tahoe. Does anyone have pictures of a siimilar set up, I am pondering where to locate the air connection without creating an eyesore. We've mounted the Roadmaster brackets and plan on using a Roadmaster 5200 bar. I would assume I would want this bar to start out somewhat level.

teamwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't have a Tahoe, but even on my Saturn Vue it was able to be installed under the hood on top of the battery case. Inconspicuous and out of the way. Check under the hood for a spot.

Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
I installed mine on an 04 Avalanche and put the box on top of the under hood fuse box cover.
John, Pam, Nicholas, Aria
NKK 16073L
2007 Essex 4502
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
tahoe towing

We have recently purchase a DutchStar with a 330 Cummins with Blue Ox tow bar; we have a 2004 Tahoe; is it possible and safe to tow the Tahoe with the engine we have?

Apologize for butting in on your conversation but felt it related to your inquiry.

Billythedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
We have the same powertrain configuration, ISC 330 in our 07 Ventana 40 footer. I just pulled the Tahoe from Seattle to Red Bluff Ca with absolutely no problems. Lots of twisty windy hills up and down on I5 including the Siskiyous pass The AirForce 1 system was easy to hook up, needed no adjustments and worked exactly as advertised.The Tahoe weighs in around 5400# We have flat towed a Jeep Wrangler at 3500# as well as an enclosed trailer with the Jeep and a whole lot of other stuff in it as well. The only real differance is the "feel" of the tandem axle trailer with spring bars and a sway control is a little different than flat four towing. Infinity Motorcoach did the install of the AF1 system. Top notch all the way. I did have Brazels upgrade to a Pac Brake ad thier Aeroforce 5" exhaust last fall. Money well spent, much better braking, seat of the pants power feels good and the girls really dig the big chrome tip. Good luck.
teamwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Teamwally, what did the charge you for the install?

Gary and Cheryl Roberts
2016 Entegra Aspire RBQ
08 Beaver Contessa (fire loss)
08 Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote