Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post

I want to decide on a unit soon and am more unsure than ever.
Tale a good look at Tire SafeGuard. You won't be disappointed, trust me.

I have three complete systems, one 10 Wheel for the coach & trailer/toad, one for my wife's car and one for my motorcycle. I've been using them for the past 4 years without ANY problems. It comes pre-programmed so install sensors in sequence, set the alarms and you're done. I prefer the CAP sensors because they are smaller and lighter.

Do a research on this forum and search on Google too for reviews and information.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
CW has the TM66-M6 on sale right now $90 off at $345. Read a lot of reviews on this and others. My one important question to any of you that have one is about the delay on reporting a lost signal? If the delay is as long as some say does that mean that there is a delay on reporting data too?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I purchased EEZ tire system last year. Not knowing how many sensors you are getting with your system I have no way to compare pricing.

I can tell you it has preformed flawlessly. It takes a couple of minutes to get all the sensors to hook up just after you turn it on. Once it reads the sensors I have never seen it lose them.

Their customers service was fantastic When getting the unit set up!

My system with 10 mixed sensors was $449 through Amazon.

TIRE PRESSURE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TPMS)

Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had a Tire Minder system installed on our coach when we bought it over five years ago. We had problems with false alarms and/or the receiver failing to detect some of the sensors.

Working with the helpful developers of Tire minder we ended up with two signal boosters and an updated receiver. For your coach I'm guessing one booster will do, but you will want at least one. For the longer tag axle coaches I think they now recommend two boosters. We are no longer having issues with the system.

The older generation sensors update about once every twenty minutes, if I remember correctly, where the newer units, which would be included with anything you bought now, update every two or four minutes, I don't remember which. We are still using the early gen sensors. They will alert immediately, however, should you experience a sudden loss of pressure (I think that's anything past a 15% loss from whatever you have set).

I like the small inconspicuous display which I have stuck on the dash with Velcro when in use. If anything goes outside the set parameters it will alert you or you can scroll through the positions to check on pressure and temperature any time you want.

I have no experience with other systems, no doubt there are others that work well, I can only report that we are happy with our Tire Minder, albeit after getting factory help in getting it set up properly.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
We had a Tire Minder system installed on our coach when we bought it over five years ago. We had problems with false alarms and/or the receiver failing to detect some of the sensors. Working with the helpful developers of Tire minder we ended up with two signal boosters and an updated receiver. For your coach I'm guessing one booster will do, but you will want at least one. For the longer tag axle coaches I think they now recommend two boosters. We are no longer having issues with the system. The older generation sensors update about once every twenty minutes, if I remember correctly, where the newer units, which would be included with anything you bought now, update every two or four minutes, I don't remember which. We are still using the early gen sensors. They will alert immediately, however, should you experience a sudden loss of pressure (I think that's anything past a 15% loss from whatever you have set). I like the small inconspicuous display which I have stuck on the dash with Velcro when in use. If anything goes outside the set parameters it will alert you or you can scroll through the positions to check on pressure and temperature any time you want. I have no experience with other systems, no doubt there are others that work well, I can only report that we are happy with our Tire Minder, albeit after getting factory help in getting it set up properly.
I think they are updating @20 sec. now.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroethke View Post
Glad to hear you had success with Tire Minder as ours has been horrible False alarms and long delays for reporting. Tried support but no luck. So I just junked ours a loss of hundreds of dollars. JR
i called tireminder a couple times in the past, they were very helpful, and very generous. could you call them again? i bet they would be willing to replace the faulty signal senders if any.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #20

Quote:
So what are the other names I would like to hear them.
at least three brands are the identical unit, made by the same company in china - tireminder, tiretraker and hawkshead. there might be others too i'm not sure as i have not followed the market closely for a while. to my knowledge, most, if not all, of those tpms sold in us market are from china. i heard tst is one, too.

tireminder claims they are the only authorized dealer for that tpms in us. it appeared true, as when i talked to the manufacturer once they pointed me to tireminder in fl.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

We had a Tire Minder system installed on our coach when we bought it over five years ago. We had problems with false alarms and/or the receiver failing to detect some of the sensors.

Working with the helpful developers of Tire minder we ended up with two signal boosters and an updated receiver. For your coach I'm guessing one booster will do, but you will want at least one. For the longer tag axle coaches I think they now recommend two boosters. We are no longer having issues with the system.

The older generation sensors update about once every twenty minutes, if I remember correctly, where the newer units, which would be included with anything you bought now, update every two or four minutes, I don't remember which. We are still using the early gen sensors. They will alert immediately, however, should you experience a sudden loss of pressure (I think that's anything past a 15% loss from whatever you have set).
The areas highlighted in red would be show-stoppers for me.

The Tire SafeGuard TPMS gives you up to date data plus will activate an alarm immediately when any fault has occurred.

No booster needed for most situations. I haul a long trailer which puts the tires farther back than when hauling my car so I have the booster.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The areas highlighted in red would be show-stoppers for me.

The Tire SafeGuard TPMS gives you up to date data plus will activate an alarm immediately when any fault has occurred.

No booster needed for most situations. I haul a long trailer which puts the tires farther back than when hauling my car so I have the booster.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Thanks Richard for your input. I was kinda in a hurry to make a decision because of the Tire Minder being on sale right now at CW $90 off. Online no tax or shipping. Don't really like the old metal pull out antenna, not really a deal breaker but with anything else I spend big dollars on I look at ease of use and looks of quality.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:52 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
So what are the other names I would like to hear them. After reading your post then you do have the TM and it seems maybe your saying they are slow or inaccurate about sending data? I watched a good video on YouTube and didn't like the Ezz unit as it spoke of its short comings and demonstrated them too. I want to decide on a unit soon and am more unsure than ever.

Tire Traker system, Tire Minder,Hawks Head, innotechRV
Old 03-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
So what are the other names I would like to hear them. After reading your post then you do have the TM and it seems maybe your saying they are slow or inaccurate about sending data? I watched a good video on YouTube and didn't like the Ezz unit as it spoke of its short comings and demonstrated them too. I want to decide on a unit soon and am more unsure than ever.

I don't know of any short comings. I thoroughly researched all the units before I purchased. Reviews on any site I found was near perfect.

After using the system for a year I can tell you there are no shortcoming with my unit.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroethke View Post
ours has been horrible False alarms and long delays for reporting. Tried support but no luck. So I just junked ours a loss of hundreds of dollars. JR
Same here. Struggled with my Tire Minder for four years, including sending it back to be re-worked. Constant false alerts for over pressure. Finally gave up on it earlier this week and ordered an EEZ RV unit.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All of the TPMS will work the same way.
As soon as you screw on the sensor, it will send information to the receiver.
then in order to extend battery life, it will only send updates every 2 or 3 minutes.
However, as soon as there is an alarm condition, it gets transmitted right away.
I would stay away from flow through sensors, they are a lot bigger.
I take my sensors off to extend battery life.

Regards,

Dan
Old 03-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well that seems to explain some things for sure and makes since. Wondered how some have had so many problems and others not. To bad I decide not to buy the TM66 while it was on sale at CW last week because of the things I read here. Bang Head...
Old 03-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Well that seems to explain some things for sure and makes since. Wondered how some have had so many problems and others not. To bad I decide not to buy the TM66 while it was on sale at CW last week because of the things I read here. Bang Head...
tmw188, You might want to call TireMinder directly. When I called them the other day, I asked about the upgrade program and she told me there is an upgrade from my TMC400 to either the TM66 or the A1A. I believe the A1A has a bigger screen as well as other upgrades. You might want to look at that one. Another feature they have is a battery exchange program where each year up to 2018, you send in your old batteries and they replace them with new ones and new o-rings at no charge. Some of the other brand systems say their batteries last for 5 years but then you have to send all the transmitters in to have the batteries replaced. Pros and Cons for every system. I've had mine for over 2 years and had no problems. Very good customer service.