Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #43
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Reportedly Alberta Canada requires License/Registration on a tow dolly.

And Acme says that the EZE-Tow IS "Canada complaint" (which has been confirmed by iRV2 members entering Canada) because all the safety labels are in English AND French

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #44

Alpine Owners Club
This thread has more responses than a public opinion poll. I vote .................................................. .....................................

tow

Old 07-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
IN BC last time I checked if you have a licensed vehicle on a dolly then all is OK if you removed the licensed vehicle then the dolly must be plated and insured. The caveat is last time I checked and with the socialized insurance we have here in BC that may change before i press enter. YMMV. Bwahahahaha
Old 07-11-2015, 11:30 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Reportedly Alberta Canada requires License/Registration on a tow dolly.

And Acme says that the EZE-Tow IS "Canada complaint" (which has been confirmed by iRV2 members entering Canada) because all the safety labels are in English AND French

Safe travels
Yes it does!!! Anything with wheels needs license/registration!! My ATVs have plates as do all my trailers and the dolly!! It's a one time fee, but still required!!

It is a Hybrid ... it burns both gas AND money!!
ttarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #47

I wonder how they handle out of area visitors who do not need plates on a dolly at home....
Old 07-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #48

It is apparent that each person prefers what he is doing, and people can be passionate about air choice. I chose flat tow and traded in my non-towable Denali for a CRV. I don't think I could have dolly towed the Denali AWD anyway, and my situation for parking at my house really did not permit the dolly option.

To help fill out the pros and cons, the cost of a flat towing system (Blue Ox or Roadmaster) will run $3000 - $3500 for parts and labor. It will of course be less if you are able to do your own work and get used components.

The other major issue is the inability to back up. With a diesel engine I almost always use a truck stop. I just finished a 3500 mile trip, and had one occasion where I thought I would have to unhook, but fortunately another RV pulled out and left me with enough maneuvering room.

Good luck with your decision and may you be as passionate about it as others on this list.
wallacerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I wonder how they handle out of area visitors who do not need plates on a dolly at home....
BC chose to ignore dollies from other areas and just did great diligence on those of us who used one in Province and BC plated. With the requirement now dropped I would assume that they will ignore all.

Alberta may just do due diligence on Alberta plated tow vehicles.

Not sure as this is total speculation on my part.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #50

I hadn't realized how far off topic the discussion had drifted from the question of whether to tow to how best to tow. My answer is going to be the same as just about everyone else to monitors this particular forum - of course.

For short (in time and distance) trips where I am meeting friends who will have a vehicle, I sometimes forgo towing. Usually, however, I find it much easier to do my shopping and sightseeing . I also highly value the security of having something to fall back on should the motor home break down.

wallacerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow