Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #15
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post
Chevy Equinox makes a good one.
We tow a 2011 Equinox and love it. But be aware the previous models before the current body style are not towable 4 down as they were delivered from GM.

2005 Kountry Star 3907, ISC330, Spartan chassis, M&G braking, Blue Ox Aventa XL
mikelm48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by marylou View Post
I have a 34FT Bounder and need a toad..What is the best
Tow? I seen a HHR chevrolet I like but not sure..
There are a lot more vehicles that can be towed that haven't been mentioned yet. Best bet is to look at some available references such as Motorhome magazine's Dinghy Towing Guide that lists many different vehicles, their weights, mileage, and approximate cost. You'll probably want to stay below 5000lbs for toads weight depending on what your RV is rated to tow. There's other reference sources out there, take your time and get a vehicle that fits your needs and budget.

Steve & Nancy
2005 Itasca Sunrise 33', W20 Chassis, Ultrapower, Henderson Trac Bar
2012 Chevy Captiva Sport AWD, ReadyBrute Elite Tow Bar, Blue Ox Base Plate, Protect-A-Tow
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
What about a small std. transmission car towing it with 4 down, other that the obvious tire issues?
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #18
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
What about a small std. transmission car towing it with 4 down, other that the obvious tire issues?
need to know the specific car to talk about. not all manual shift cars can be towed 4 down.
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have a straight stick 2005 Saturn Vue, bought it used from another person who already had the base plate and everything installed and was giving up on RVing after some bad experiences. It's been a great little car and I tow it 4 down.

We got a new 2013 Cadillac SRX front wheel drive to replace it but I think I'm just going to keep towing the Saturn. We just had an experience of leaving the fob home for the Caddie and not being able to restart it after stopping at a rest stop. Having to get it towed on a dolly to a dealership and somehow the parking brake was on. They had to put it on jacks to get it in and fool the system to get a new key programmed, cost me $400! not including the tow which GM picked up. Today took it up and they reprogrammed the original 2 keys and are ordering the inside laser cut one, they did eat the cost on that it took the service manager 3 hours to do it. It did not lock up in the driveway, drove normally and we ended up like that at a rest stop stranded at 4AM. My husband had never driven it before and started it to warm up before leaving the house and forgot to get the fob as he is used to a key in the car. I can't imagine being in that situation out in the motorhome so I'm having second thoughts about using it. Oh OnStar was great, if I waited till 8 they could have someone download an app to my IPhone to start it, well duh, I don't have an IPhone, well my Ipad, I was taking hubby to the airport so I didn't bring it. GM roadside assistance came to my rescue and were really good about checking back to make sure all was going well. This started at 4AM and I didn't get out of the dealership till around 3PM, and then had to drive 100 miles home, what a day. And luckily we were only 21 miles from the airport so hubby had a cab come and get him. He had already missed 2 flights due to the weather and really didn't want to miss a third, what a day, phew!

Something to think about on these fancy cars, we had no idea it would even leave the driveway if we didn't have it in the car. Live and learn for sure.

PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by rwjsim View Post
I am towing a 2013 Kia Soul W/ a manual trans. We love it light easy to hook up and a great all around car. We went for the Soul + larger engine and with lots of bells and whistles. Great everyday car also. 10 year 100k warranty and was under 15K.

X2, plus very roomy, easy to get in and out of, tall and wide interior, true 5 passenger car.

2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote