Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Blaster 22 View Post
Seems to me the ideal solution is have a toad that you use as one of the normal vehicles when not on the road...thus killing two birds with one stone.
Something to think about that follows Blaster's comment - My motorhome is not new so I like to have a 'spare escape pod' with me just in case. I find a tow dolly allows me to tow any small front wheel drive car - I'm not limited to the one car that is set-up to be towed 4 down. The down side - 2 more tires to maintain and I don't know of a 4 wheel drive that I can tow. I use the Car Tow Dolly that is advertised on this site. I paid $1300 delivered to the house, but I think they are $1400 now.

Tom and Amy from Northern Virginia.
2000 Allegro 454/Workhorse P32/TST/Crossfire
Life is a DIY project - enjoy it.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Just the convenience factor for us. When we want to go do something there is no waiting or hassling with a rental company. We rented cars on our trips for the several years we were also renting a MH, but when we decided this was the life for us we tow now.

Mark & Kathy, Rocket, Sadie & Ginger (Chihuahuas) So. Cal. FMCA 422677
2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38f 2016 RAM 1500 4x4
Swim, Bike, Run
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote