Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
"TOAD" Recommendations

Wanted to ask folks what they thought the top 3 TOAD vehicles would be. I know there are many factors that go into such a decision. However, I am looking for a dependable, easy to move, new or gently used vehicle that can be towed behind a 36' Super C (10,000 tow hitch).

Thank you!

Tillerman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
I have a 09 traverse that I plan on towing. Front wheel drive so it can be towed on all 4. I got it because I needed a small suv for my family and the dealer had a hail sale after a big storm. The hood is already dented up so I don't have to worry so much about road debris hitting it.

93 Jayco RK 325
07 Chevy classic crew cab long box LBZ Duramax
Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Funny, I was just about to post the same thing looking for advice about towing a pickup. We're looking to get a small pickup to tow so we can set our two Vespa scooters in the bed. I'm using a 36' Class C diesel as well with a 10k hitch.
Rob & Rosanne
2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DS
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Most GM cars and trucks are Flat Towable(check the Owners Manual for verification); A good bit of the FORD stuff is Flat Towable(check the Owners Manual for verification); Most of the Jeeps and Rams are also Flat Towable(check the Owners Manual for verification).
As you can see, the theme is Flat Towable, No Dolly to put away, no trailer to put away.
The key is what the may tow weight your MH can tow and is the car or truck Flat Towable as is. KISS (Keep is Simple Stupid) The only things you should be adding is Base Plate, Tow Bars and Auxiliary Braking System.
That's just my .01 worth
Retired Navy Submariner
2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F; 5 Star tuned; 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
SuperGewl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:08 AM   #5
Hard to answer your question without knowing what you want the toad to be able to do. Do you want a truck so you can also tow bicycles, mopeds, golf cart, other toys? Do you need a toad that can carry more than two people, 4, more? Have an urge to cross streams, mountainous roads? Manual shift or automatic? Or like us just a nice little car, Chevy Sonic, that's easy to tow, easy on gas, and is also a daily driver?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The FMCA, if your a member, has towing guides back over 10 years so I would use these when selecting your vehicle if you want to tow 4 down. I have copies of most of them.

98 Endeavor DP, ISB275
RX300, Falcon II hitch, BB Vantage Select
VMSpc, 2002 Grey Ford Powerstroke
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote