Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Toad remote brake light

I use a Air Force One brake system and would like to have a remote light in the MH that shows when the brake system is applied. I do have a light mounted on the tow bar but I must have the rear view camera on and take my eyes off the road to see it. Does anyone have knowledge of a wireless light that I could stick somewhere on the dash? I don't feel like running wires the length of the coach for a light. And, it would be one more thing to plug in when hooking up or disconnecting. All the wires in the six plug wiring connector are utilized so there are no extras. Wireless makes sense. But will it work? Seems I remember of some brake systems offering them in the past, but an Internet search didn't find me any.

Bob & Deb K.
2012 Itasca Ellipse QD 'Elli'
2010 Buick Enclave AWD Toad 'Ginny'
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Are you positive all 6 wires are being used? For example, is the contact that would be used for a brake controller in use? On my rv it was not and the wire ran to the dash area on the rv already. So I just back feed that line to the dash area to activate a small light.

Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
Yep. Brake controller already has wires running from the dash to the plug, and you only need a single hot one. The ground is common. You can get a small red 12v led at Radio Shack and put it anywhere convenient on the dash. I've done 2 Tiffin RV's that way and they've both worked great.
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Toad
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

brake, toad