Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #15

Thanks jondrew
I believe that you have the correct solution for the winter storage of the tow dolly. If I can get the dolly through the door I am not sure that I can manhandle the 350 lb. dolly to an upright position, protect the fenders, lights etc. without it falling on me. Lots of potential for injury.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #16

A lightweight moped/scooter can easily hit 50 mph and you can park them almost anywhere. Receiver racks are readily available to mount them on the back or front.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
That was my thought, Travco, but I don't know the ages of the poster and his partner... so I hesitated to mention that option.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:14 AM   #18

Thanks again for the additional input.
We both are in our late 60's and I don't believe that a scooter will be the ticket.
Just a note on the lighter side, we rode a Harley for the better part of 15 years and the thought of a scooter seems a little strange to me personally.
Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjtrot View Post
Thanks again for the additional input.
We both are in our late 60's and I don't believe that a scooter will be the ticket.
Just a note on the lighter side, we rode a Harley for the better part of 15 years and the thought of a scooter seems a little strange to me personally.
Thanks again.
Was going to suggest a Sporty but was thinking of the lightest thing possible. Just wear a fullface so your friends don't recognize you!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #20

I can only speak for myself, I'm an average size guy in my 60 s and can stand it up by myself. Two adults should be able to do it.

You might also consider renting a tow dolly from U Haul and take it on a short trip. These are usually bigger rigs than an EZ Tow, but you'll get some idea if dolly towing is for you. Then you could invest in buying one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjtrot View Post
Thanks jondrew
I believe that you have the correct solution for the winter storage of the tow dolly. If I can get the dolly through the door I am not sure that I can manhandle the 350 lb. dolly to an upright position, protect the fenders, lights etc. without it falling on me. Lots of potential for injury.

Tags
toad