Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearaboo
As circumstance would have it, I followed a MH towing a Jeep Liberty. Followed it into a rest area. He had his right signal on, when he slowed down, the toad brake lights came on negating the turn signal. As soon as he stopped braking the signal went back to blinking.
This is usually solved by a brake light relay, such as the one from Roadmaster that I mention earlier.

wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks to all that replied. I went with the solution Sky Boss used. It should be at the house today. Hope to start taking the trim out of the car tomorrow evening to run the wire through the inside of the car. Found a good video on how to take the trim out of the back of the CRV but cant find any on the other trim.
Sky Boss- did the trim along the bottom of the interir just snap off?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieChief View Post
Thanks to all that replied. I went with the solution Sky Boss used. It should be at the house today. Hope to start taking the trim out of the car tomorrow evening to run the wire through the inside of the car. Found a good video on how to take the trim out of the back of the CRV but cant find any on the other trim.
Sky Boss- did the trim along the bottom of the interir just snap off?
Yes...give me a couple days, I have a plan to upload my videos to Vimeo. I might get them on line tonight if things go well.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Have seen lots of wiring answers but cant find this!
I have Honda CRV and was going to wire lights with diodes.
Wiring from MC combines brake and turn. Blue OX has wiring diagram that basically ignores the turn signals on toad and uses toad brake lights as brake and turn.
Seems straight forward but... if I am correct when the suplemental brake presses my brake the turn signal would quite blinking.
Have I missed something? How do others get around this?

THanks for any help!

What is meant by 'MC" ?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
bukzin, that was Wiring from Motor Coach (MC) combines brake and turn.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Is Motor Coach a RV mfg?
Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well I finally took the interior apart and installed the wiring. I am glad I went with the Tow Daddy system. It was easy to install and thank you Sky Boss for the recommendation!

Much better than messing around with a brake relay!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Well I finally took the interior apart and installed the wiring. I am glad I went with the Tow Daddy system. It was easy to install and thank you Sky Boss for the recommendation!

Much better than messing around with a brake relay!
First, my sincere apologies for not getting you some video. I am in the middle of stripping my house, moving into my MH, running garage sales and all stuff related. I don't even have a table left in the house. LOL

I'm gonna get that done some time.

Good luck and so far I am very pleased with how my set up has worked. Don't forget to find an answer to your license plate light. Also, keep in mind that the middle brake light above the hatch is not controlled by TD. It will come on when your brake peddle activates it. In my case that seems to happen when my coach is about 1/2-1/3 depressed. I haven't had a chance to tweak the brake light switch on the CRV to match.

Finally, I installed the fuse bypass switch in the coin holder. The dash plugs next to the traction control switch are not simple plastic plugs you can drill through. The coin holder puts the switch out of sight and is a perfect fit for the assembly. Getting the dash apart isn't terribly hard but it takes some patience. I think it might be possible to actually drill the hole without removing the dash but I did it anyway to make sure it would fit in it and to confirm nothing was behind it.

Tags
brake, toad