Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Hello JamesHawk,
You can safely and confidently run our 507 Cap Sensors on your toad with your rubber valve stems. Please call me to discuss in more detail @ 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
Well, I have the 510 system and not ready to upgrade just yet to the 507. Thanks for your advise to seek a "valve stem support" since replacing the rubber ones on late model vehicles might not be an option due to the fact of factory installed TPMs mandated to the OEMs.
Did a "Valve stem support" search and found Metal brackets that attach to the lip of the rim and also a thick rubber sleeve that is used to support a valve stem on an inner tube. May try the latter, appears that it may keep the stem from flopping around with all the added weight of the sensor.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #16

I have the 507s on my Saturn with rubber valve stems on aluminum wheels. The stems are pretty short though.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshawk View Post
Well, I have the 510 system and not ready to upgrade just yet to the 507. Thanks for your advise to seek a "valve stem support" since replacing the rubber ones on late model vehicles might not be an option due to the fact of factory installed TPMs mandated to the OEMs.
Did a "Valve stem support" search and found Metal brackets that attach to the lip of the rim and also a thick rubber sleeve that is used to support a valve stem on an inner tube. May try the latter, appears that it may keep the stem from flopping around with all the added weight of the sensor.
I tried to make the metal valve stem supports work, they were a no-go. The rubber sleeve you refer to is what I believe is made for motorcycles. Haven't figured out how to make that work. One other thing I found was a stick on support made for Porsche. It is to keep the valve stem from bending at very high speed. Not sure if this would work or not, maybe by clamping the rubber valve stem to it?

vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe if you attach the rubber stem to it, but I am not 100% sure.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
I have not needed support for the short rubber valve stems on my 2011 Ford Edge. Also I would immediately invest in a repeater extender until you try the unit. I originally bought one for mine and set it back because it wasn't needed.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I tried to make the metal valve stem supports work, they were a no-go. The rubber sleeve you refer to is what I believe is made for motorcycles. Haven't figured out how to make that work. One other thing I found was a stick on support made for Porsche. It is to keep the valve stem from bending at very high speed. Not sure if this would work or not, maybe by clamping the rubber valve stem to it?

I ordered a set of these at the local Porsche dealer today....... If you need to "explain" what they are, they are Fuchs (that is who makes the wheel for Porsche) valve stem supports, typically found on 80s 911s.

Not cheap of course at about $10 a piece. I am also thinking about puttng a short piece of clear tubing over the stem to protect it from potentially chafing directly against the support. I'll follow up when I get them put on (I am assuming I am going to have to bend the support a little bit as my Jeep wheels have a bit of an angle away from the stem).
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I ordered a set of these at the local Porsche dealer today....... If you need to "explain" what they are, they are Fuchs (that is who makes the wheel for Porsche) valve stem supports, typically found on 80s 911s.

Not cheap of course at about $10 a piece. I am also thinking about puttng a short piece of clear tubing over the stem to protect it from potentially chafing directly against the support. I'll follow up when I get them put on (I am assuming I am going to have to bend the support a little bit as my Jeep wheels have a bit of an angle away from the stem).
I would be real interested in how this works out for you. Since I dolly my car, I would only need two so it wouldn't be bad cost wise.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I would be real interested in how this works out for you. Since I dolly my car, I would only need two so it wouldn't be bad cost wise.
The system I bought was the EZZTire.

They sell systems that can handle any number of tires. I flat tow so I got the system with 10 sensors 6 flow throughs for the rig and 4 anti-theft for the toad. Got the anti-theft because the toad is and everyday vehicle and I didn't want them coming up missing.

I assume you will need 8 sensors but depending on where you keep your dolly when traveling you may be able to use all flow through.

Got great customer service for the set up and couldn't be happier with how it operates.

TIRE PRESSURE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TPMS)
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
I have found out that that my 2014 CRV uses its ABS system to notify of a tire pressure change and it does not have a factory installed TPM inside the tire, therefore I was able to install metal bolt in valve stems. They are very stout and hold the top heavy sensor with no movement. The tire shop initially wanted to sell me a metal valve stem that pops in the same as the rubber ones, rubber base and brass stem. It was much more stable that the all rubber and probably would suffice however since I am able to go all metal I did.

Tags
tire pressure, toad