Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Toadstop braking system

I've done a search on the site for the Toadstop braking system and came up with a few older posts that go back a couple years. I kinda figured a few years have passed so there might be some things that have changed in the system. I had just heard about this system, called the company and got well informed about this system from John at the company. As one knows we always get well informed from people selling their products. Now is the time to find people actually using the Toadstop. Their website is safe-techsolutions.com. I have no monetary value with this company. I'm just looking for the best braking system. either SMI or this Toadstop system. Can anyone help with some expert advice? Blueox does offer this system.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
toad braking

m & g engineering in athens, texas makes a very good brake system. it might be worth checking them out on line.

boyce and lisa
06 meridian 39k
06 jeep unltd
ox aventa lx tow

Old 11-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I use the US Gear Unified Tow Brake system to tow my Jeep and am very happy with it. I would also take a look at SMI and M&G both very good systems.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hardy:
Did you install the system yourself?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman607 View Post
Hardy:
Did you install the system yourself?
Yes, it came with good instructions. The main reason for choosing the US Gear system is that it is recommended by Monaco, Winnebago and a few other MFG's. I know that the M&G and SMI are probley easier to install and are great systems, but I had no problem installing it myself. I did have a couple of questions and got complete support from US Gear. It has been trouble free so far and it comes with the break away system and also charges the toad.
You can read about it here.

Unified Tow Brake
Old 11-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I'm using the Brakemaster system and am quite satisfied.

I've had another brand as well and think they all work reasonably well. It's morea matter of price and preference than whether or not the system does the job.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #7

I use the Tow Brake Mountain Master. I first bought a Brake buddy but because my CJ7 has a full roll cage in it the BB wouldn't fit on the floor, so I went with the Tow Brake which is small and works like a screw jack powered in and out. Plus I way able to get a additional install kit so I can use it our other toad. Had it now for 6 years and it's been great!