Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #15

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I have now road tested the Cool Tech battery disconnect and it is much easier to use than pulling the IOD fuse. Key is still in position one and battery disconnected with the turn of a knob. I"M HAPPY!!

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #16

Hi Ronnie

Does the Cool Tech Battery Disconnect cut power to the 12Volt Cigarretteplug auxillary power source???? as i need that 12volts for my Brake Buddy.

Rick

Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #17

as far as I can tell it cuts all 12 volt to the vehicle.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #18

Thats what I was thinking!!! So it will not work for me with the Brake Buddy!!!

What Auxillary Braking system are you using???

Rick
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #19

I use the M&G air brake system with break away. This is a proportional system that I have been using for about 6 years on both of the Jeeps I've owned. I am totally satisfied with it and the ease of attaching from Jeep to M/H.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Kyp J and all:

I, too, am jealous of you owners of 2009 and up Wranglers with no steering lock. I have a 2007 Sahara and have gotten caught twice with the steering not quite unlocked when turned to the first (acc) position. Fortunately both times I was going slow and not very far when I felt and heard the front tires scrubbing after a sharp turn. I have found that if I turn the key to the "run" position and then turn it back to "acc" the steering lock is defeated and all is well. I also tie a white sock to the top of the steering wheel so I can "see" that all is working okay.

I understand that all 2007 and 2008 Wranglers have locking steering wheels at one-half turn either way with the key off or out.
DeanLinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #21

I use a BrakeBuddy in my 09 Wrangler. On this toad, and previous toads, I've always avoided draining the toad battery by plugging the BrakeBuddy into a Xantrex Powerpack (Portable Backup Power Source)
Old 10-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Some 08 Jeep Wranglers can be towed with out key

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanLinAZ View Post
Kyp J and all:

I, too, am jealous of you owners of 2009 and up Wranglers with no steering lock. I have a 2007 Sahara and have gotten caught twice with the steering not quite unlocked when turned to the first (acc) position. Fortunately both times I was going slow and not very far when I felt and heard the front tires scrubbing after a sharp turn. I have found that if I turn the key to the "run" position and then turn it back to "acc" the steering lock is defeated and all is well. I also tie a white sock to the top of the steering wheel so I can "see" that all is working okay.

I understand that all 2007 and 2008 Wranglers have locking steering wheels at one-half turn either way with the key off or out.
One of my Jeep buddies has an 08 Rubicon that he tows with no key. Actually he is the person that told me to check to see if I had steering lock which I did not so I do not use a key in my 09. Check to see if you have steering lock. I verified this bu jacking the front wheels off of the ground and with out the key I turned it left and right all the way.