Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
I have the Blue Ox basplate, the Blue Ox Alladin 7500# tow bar and the Blue Ox Patriot braking system and would purchase them again....

2009 AB 40QSP/Powerglide/Cummins 8.9L ISL/Allison 3000/Pressure ProTMS/Blue Ox Base Plate, Towbar, Patriot Braking System, FMCA-Badger Chapter, Allegro Club-WAW
WhiteEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
Sold all of my road master equipment. I am now a blue ox Aventa II fan!!!

Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
tow bar quality

Thanks for all the input and advice on the tow bar. I have one more question. How do you get the slack out where the hitch goes into the reciever? I was told that there was to be NO play where the two meet.

2012 Fleetwood Southwind
shepserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Huh? U slide it in and put in the pin.

It is what it. Is.

Btw, I run a blue ox alladin, pulling a wrangler tj. I've used it 2 years, and it was used when I bought it.

Absolutely no problems of any kind ever.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
Blue ox makes a few different kinds of hitch immobilizers. I do not use one but was thinking about getting one to stop the same issue you are having.
Jrf4865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
I have two Blue Ox immobilizers. One where the drop receiver goes into the motorhome receiver, and one where the tow bar goes into the drop receiver. They work well.

2008 King Aire 4562, Spartan K3(GT) w/ Cummins ISX, Motosat HD-SL5 w/ SWM-8, Multiswitch, HR34 Genie
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8 Hemi w/ Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and baseplate, SMI Air Force One brake
FlyingDiver is offline   Reply With Quote