Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">.We vidio taped the teck as he showed us how to hook up and we burned it to dvd and have it in the coach ic case we need it. hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea, I might have to do this for customers of mine!
Safe Travels!

Lenny and Chrissy

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #16
Monaco Owners Club
We have the Roadmaster Sterling and bought it for ease of use, with "looks" being secondary. I (the DW) can hook and unhook by myself if necessary. I don't know about the Blue Ox equipment, but they have a good reputation.

Mic (& Rick the FishBum)
2008 Cayman XL 35SBD & 2008 Honda CR-V
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #17
Tiffin Owners Club
More than 2 years and about 25,000 miles on our Roadmaster equipment - no problems.

I know folks with Blue Ox equipment that can say the same.

I think it comes down to your specific application and personal preference.
Warren and Debbie
2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 AM   #18
I reviewed the manuals for Blue Ox and Roadmaster installations for a Ford Edge, letting that have a significant impact on the decision. Both are substantial but the deciding factor(s) to go with Blue Ox were:
1. The height of the Blue Ox attaching points relative to the Alpine's hitch was a closer match than was the Roadmaster.
2. Blue Ox required less cutting away of frame and facia parts.
3. Blue Ox's removable attaching points provide a cleaner look when the car is being used for other than towing.
4. Installing the breakaway switch in a manner to make it easily installed and removed was easier and cleaner with the Blue Ox.
5. Weather here did not allow me to install it myself before we left for the 1st trip of the season.
6. The Dealer that sold me the Alpine is Blue Ox distributor (I also get a 10% discount).
7. They were able to do the job on my schedule.

My choice of Tow bars was the Blue Ox Aventa, which has a 10,000 pound rating.

I have yet to tow with it but anticipate no issues.
Bob (Squidly Down Under) & Peg - 2013 Ford Focus pushing a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser 2552S
"In God we trust" to preserve our country and bring our Troops safely home.
Carry on, regardless..................
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I looked very hard at the RM Sterling, Blue OX Aventa and Falcon All Terrain for our Toyota Tacoma. I did not want a towing assembly that was very visible from the front and RM and Blue Ox both provided a solution. I found both Blue OX and RM very close with no significant difference in terms of functionality. After looking at the respective base plate installation the RM MX baseplate was much easier to install with no cutting what so ever. The Blue OX was a much more involved baseplate installation. If you are not going to do the installation then this is probably not an issue unless the cutting, etc is visible and impacts appearance. Since both Blue Ox and RM are very high quality with lots of functionality, I would suggest looking at the baseplate installation. In my case this was the deciding factor.
Dawn and Mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #20
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've been pulling my Outlook with a Blue Ox Avente LX Towbar coupled with a Brake Buddy Vantage Auxiliary Brake for the past year with no problems. I also use the Blue Ox Rock Guard that mounts on the towbar. I believe it has saved a lot of wear and tear on the front end of the Saturn. Complete package & installation done by Carpenter's Campers the local Tiffin dealer here in Pensacola. They did a very nice, clean looking job.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I use the Sterling All Terrain tow Bar also, and along with the M&G brake system I feel I have the best system available. The system has been worry free and the braking system is as clean as it gets. You don't have to set things up in the car to make this system work, after hooking up the car just connect your air hose, electric line and break away line and you're good to go, takes about 30 seconds.

Charles and Martha*2008 Monaco Signature
FMCA #F388752*GoodSam Life Member
2007 Ford Explorer - Toad
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote