Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #15

We have the Blue Ox Aventia II and love it. Easy to hook and unhook. No problems.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

We had the same Aventa II for the last two motorhomes. It was great so we decided to get the new Aventa LX (barely made the new name change ) after looking at it's construction. I didn't think that the spherical ball design was a big benefit over the Aventa II because the "II" never bound up so why should I need the "LX" ball design? But when I found out how it keeps it's tension I was impressed. The "LX" has belleville washers (stacks of concave washers that acts as tensioning springs) to keep constand pressure. As things wear out they keep self-adjusting. When they are finally loose it's a simple one bolt task to pop in a new set. After 4 years and 50,000 miles on the Aventa II I did have to replace some bolts and shim washers eventually. No complaints because I pulled 4,660 lbs over some tough stuff (and lots of it pretty vertical ) but I feel that the "LX" design is even better. You can get either one at RVupgrades, which is where I bought mine from.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:55 AM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

THANK YOU Mark for your fact filled review of the Alexu....ooops the Aventa LX tow bar...

Since there were a lot of topic posts that jumped in at the time you posted this,I wanted to it so everyone might have the chance to read your review...

Mark is one of our more "technically minded" moderators and is the author of some WONDERFUL reviews on various RV related stuff....

THANKS MARK!!

(He even promises to update his pic to his NEW coach when he gets the chance to go out west and take one of his "now famous" breathtaking pics with the coach in the foreground.)
rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #18
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Blue Ox</span>

While I was attending a rally recently, the Blue Ox Destination America tech actually came out and "found me" and adjusted my tow bar right on my site. As far as I know Blue Ox is the only company that sends out as many teams as they do to the greatest number of RV rallies and shows across America that are attended by folks that tow vehicles.

Blue Ox supported our 2006 National Rally in TN as well by sending us a sales team and a tech.

When buying a Blue Ox product you can forget about warranty and service issues as a primary concern because even in the after warranty period they will continue to service your tow bar. You could almost say it's a lifetime warranty.

The primary benefit is that Blue Ox makes great towing equipment.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
.............(He even promises to update his pic to his NEW coach when he gets the chance to go out west and take one of his "now famous" breathtaking pics with the coach in the foreground.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, everyone has been asking about when they'll see pictures of it. I just can't bring myself to taking a "driveway shot" so I dug into my archives and "Photoshop'd" three pictures together.

That'll have to do until I can take some "reel" pictures.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Holy Cow that is one big Eagle. I hope he doesn't drop any surprises on that beautiful coach.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #21
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by javajelly:
Holy Cow that is one big Eagle. I hope he doesn't drop any surprises on that beautiful coach. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DON'T BACK UP MARK!! Looks like you're on the ledge!!

When my belt was busted I'd have told you the eagle left a big brown turd.....
rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:29 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

We really like our coach so it's not for sale. Therefore, I won't let anyone place a deposit on it - even eagles.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #23

I saw my buddys' Blue Ox tow bar break as he slowly rounded a corner in a RV park, towing a Jeep Wrangler, not a heavy vehicle. He got a discount on another Blue Ox, was told the old one was "defective". I went out and bought another Roadmaster.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mark:

Beautiful coach. Looks like you lost your passenger side mirror in the 'chop.'

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote