Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does anyone know if this company, Tow Brake International, is still in business? I have tried emailing, won't go through, calling, number disconnected. Theirs looks like the kind of product I Want for my toad, but I can't get a hold of them. Help!

Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does anyone know if this company, Tow Brake International, is still in business? I have tried emailing, won't go through, calling, number disconnected. Theirs looks like the kind of product I Want for my toad, but I can't get a hold of them. Help!

Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:27 AM   #3

What kind of tow brake is it Craig? Maybe someone here will be able to recommend a similar model or brand. Give us a general description of how it works and hooks up.

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #4

Craig,
I don't know what is going on with Tow Brake International. I have a VIP Tow Brake that I bought from them in 2003 and later upgraded to their Mountain Master. I've been very happy with it.
They moved from Evening Shade, AR to Hardy, AR in November 2005. I tried the numbers I have for them and didn't have any luck either.
I called a dealer listed on their web site and was told he didn't know what was going on with them. When I asked for a current telephone number, he said they didn't have one.
I left a message with Hardy Chamber of Commerce to see if they know anything.
If I find out something I'll post it here.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks JoeT. I hope you hear something and if you do could you please let me know. Thanks again
Old 02-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Found out today that Tow Brake International, who made the Mountain Master brake system, is no longer in business. VIP makes an almost identical brake system. I hope that those of you who own a Mountain Master can still get service or parts. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig Heyne:
Found out today that Tow Brake International, who made the Mountain Master brake system, is no longer in business. VIP makes an almost identical brake system. I hope that those of you who own a Mountain Master can still get service or parts. Good luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is interesting. I bought a VIP TowBrake from Tow Brake International in 2003. I got on VIP's Web Site and their VIP Tow Brake is identical to the one I bought from Tow Brake International.
I mentioned in my previous post I upgraded to the Mountain Master. The only difference between the VIP and the Mountain Master is the Mountain Master has a separate control box that does not have to be level as in the VIP. I still use the same brake activator.
I called VIP and got their voice mail. I left a message for them to call. I'll post what I find out.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #8

OK, Here's the scoop.
I got a call from David at VIP. He sounded guarded an hesitant in his answers to my questions.
He used to be co-owner of Tow Brake International and it is no longer in business.
New VIP Tow Brakes are not available. No one makes them anymore. He has none in stock. He does have refurbished units in stock for sale.
I asked him if he did warranty work on VIP Tow Brakes. He said, again guardedly, we can make repairs and if we check and find they are still under warranty we can do that. (He really wasn't clear on this.)

Oh, well. It was a great product. Mine is working well and saved me a couple of times in a panic stop.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:10 AM   #9

i also have a mountain master and it works great.i have it set up to go in two jeeps .a 79 cj and a 2000 grand cherokee. really dissapointed there out of bussiness as it's a good unit. saved the cj when one of the bolts on the bumper bracket broke.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am also investigating brake systems and got the following info from VIP Enterprises that said they have found a manufacturer and VIP Tow Brake is now back in production. They are offering them at a reduced price for a 1 year warranty (used to be 10 years).
Gordon
Old 03-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have emailed and spoken with David at VIP International and while he is not exactly the most articulate guy in the world, he is very helpful. VIP is still looking for a manufacturer for the tow brake, but they do have some in stock. They also have some reconditioned ones that they will sell for around $500. They are available through their web site, but be patient, it may take a while to get a reply. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #12

While at the FMCA Six State Rally in North Little Rock I ran into a booth selling the TowBrake. Tow Brake has bought TowBrake International and is back in business. I spoke to Willis Johnston at length and he is selling the Mountain Master Tow Brake previously manufactured by TowBrake International.
He is located at: 3606 Highway 62/412 S., Hardy, Arkansas 72542. (800)927-6778.
email willis@towbrake.com.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #13

Know this is an old thread, but I have up-to-date info.

Just talked with Chris at TowBrake. There are up and running. He had just finished an install. I am sending my carside unit to him for a switch repair. Switch damage due a little to design and a lot of my carelessness.

After 11 years of pretty constant use, it works great. Switch even works if I jam a toothpick to keep in energized.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #14

I have the same issue, trying to get information about Vip Tow Brake sytem model number CJ75X. I need a wiring diagram for the control module that goes into the coach part number CM1-A. Does anyone have information pertaining to this part to VIP Tow brake system?