Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #1

I have the Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 with the factory fender flares. I went to Coast Line Cover here in CA and had a Tow Shield custom made. They now have a pattern for the Colorado/Canyon trucks with the fender flares. By the way they did a great job, protection for the front, hood and windshield.

Struck the URL and phone number - sorry!

2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:36 AM   #2

I have the Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 with the factory fender flares. I went to Coast Line Cover here in CA and had a Tow Shield custom made. They now have a pattern for the Colorado/Canyon trucks with the fender flares. By the way they did a great job, protection for the front, hood and windshield.

Struck the URL and phone number - sorry!

2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 05-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Gary,

I tow a PT Cruiser, and I use a Roadmaster shield on a Blue Ox tow bar. I fabricated some adapters from angle iron for the Roadmaster shield mounting brackets. I made the brackets so that the shield will ride as low as possible to protect the gravel pans below the bumper.

We towed the car to Alaska, and I found that unless your shield extends completely below the bottom body panel in the front of your vehicle, you are going to get stone nicks below the bumper. If you haven't covered that area, you may want to extend the shield.

Also, watch for damage on your rear doors and side panels. They will be nicked by stones thrown up by your tow vehicle's front tires. Either install large mudflaps or have the 3M film installed on your rear doors and side body panels.

That's input after returning from Alaska.

Good luck and have fun.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 05-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #4

Be careful of the Coast Line type bra...I had one from them for my 2005 Honda CRV and after 18000 miles a couple of the hold downs rubbed/mared the paint finish beyond repair by waxing. It would need to be repainted now

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 AM   #5

Bob and Kenbt: Thanks for your reply, I will keep an eye on both of those issues, good tips.
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4