Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #29
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by EZE Tow View Post
If you have an Acme EZE TOW Tow Dolly that does not have Safety Chain Banjos ( a recent improvement ) we will send you a set at no charge. They have to be welded on but they are worth the effort. Contact the office during normal business hours and tell them that Richard offered to do so. Thanks.
I went to your web site & looked at the improvements you have made. I probably would use it if I had the new one seems to have solved all of the problem I had with it. But as mine is I would not use it again. don't like the plastic ramps, tire straps or safety chains. None of the upgrades are easily done to an older one except the safety chains.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on Workhorse W20 chassis 2009 Smart car cabrio toad
Heating man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2014, 06:31 AM   #30
Official iRV2 Sponsor
The Acme EZE TOW Tow Dolly

Actually, every improvement we make can be easily retrofitted to all previous generation dollies. We offer everything you need including instructions for a welder. It is well worth the time to do it. If you are interested just call me and we can discuss the improvements and work out a special deal for you. Thanks.

EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
X 2 on the checking & tightening the straps.
I usually stop after 50 miles and check, most of the time they are still tight but once in a while I didn't give enough of a grunt and can get them one more click.
Very Happy with my KarKaddySS.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #32
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Done it both ways

Over the years we have towed both ways- 4 down and most recently on a dolly.

Hands down we prefer the dolly (American Car Dolly).

When we towed 4 down with our older rig years ago and we seemed to constantly struggle with hooking up and constraints. On one occasion when up in the Maritimes of Canada we had just come down a hill (pre rear camera days). I heard a grinding noise and asked the Mrs. (Momma) to go to the back window in the MH and see what the noise was. She was grumpy and grippey but reluctantly she went to look out the rear window of the rig. Next I heard a blood curdling scream from the rear and I looked to my left rear mirror and saw the Jeep toad pull out to as if it wanted to pass the MH!!! It was operator error and yours truly had not properly installed the hitch. And with a blessing the safety cables barely held it until I could coast to a stop. Made it home safely than goodness.

For us now with the new rig and Momma insisting on a front wheel drive car, the tow dolly is easy and quick and we have numerous safety features (spare dolly tire, car to dolly chains,break away switch, electric brakes, safety chains to tow vehicle). Last trip the total load and hook up was 10 minutes--- and it tows beautifully with no apparent adverse impact on mileage.

All of us have on the forum have likely had many different experiences with toads. Having done it both ways I plan to stick with the dolly.
americanrasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #33
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I solved that problem with a car hauler. I have a 2011 Mustang GT and also hauled a 2013 Ford Explorer on my Big Tex 18' car hauler. It backs easy enough and trailer tires are a lot cheaper ha

Charlie & Diane Amato
2014 Thor Tuscany 40XE XTE DP
Ferndale, Arkansas
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote