Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #29
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We also added a break away switch and charger to the dolly.

Dennis and Katherine
2000 Monaco Dynasty
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2016, 08:38 PM   #30
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
Where is the best place to find a Master Tow 80THD?

I have a Thor Hurricane 30q and a 2010 Ford Edge and I am looking into towing options. I know many like towing 4 down but I like the idea of using a dolly and just tucking the dolly under the MH when not in use.
Why don't you tow the Edge 4 down? Is it AWD? If yes, you can't tow it on a dolly. A dolly will add about 500 lbs to an already heavy vehicle.

Fran, Mary & Zoey (silver Cocker)
2006 Itasca Sunrise 35A, 2005 W-22, Allison 1000 5 speed
'13 Ford Focus ST or '10 Prius on Master Tow Dolly 80THD-SB or '00 Jeep Cherokee 4-down
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:23 AM   #31
Get one with surge breaks, I have a 2010 Master Tow I've had for a few years now but the wheels were bad when I got it and the tires wore out unbelievably. I had trouble with the tire wear as well as the fenders and fender brackets cracking. I finally discovered that the wheels are eccentric (out of round). The place that I bought new tires from couldnít get the wheel to balance with the new tire and kept moving the tire on the rim and finally took the tire off and just put the wheel on the balancer and the wheel was bad! When they rotated the wheel it went up and down 1/8 inch or more. I bought new aluminum wheels and when they came in we put one on the balancer and it ran out perfect. Iíve now had my wheels and tires on my Master Tow dolly for thousands of miles and they look like new. I love my tow dolly now. I'd check this on any tow dolly if I were going to purchase one again.

Hotrodjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:27 AM   #32
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Some dolly owners dont follow most mfg guidance to lower the tire pressure (MT says 10psi) when towing empty due to its a PITA. The bouncing will bend and brake (had to use the wrong spelling) things.
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ
Playtime IV
Holiday FL
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:26 AM   #33
Monaco Owners Club
Demco Kar Kaddy SS, surge brakes, steerable wheels and we have put 30,000+ miles on it. No complaints and it works as Demco claims. We now primarily tow our Edge 4 down, but if we are with a group someplace we can load up the minivan on the dolly.
We did buy it used 1.5 years old from an estate.
Nice to have options.

2003 Monaco Camelot (New to us Dec 2014)
BennieH is offline   Reply With Quote

dolly, tow, tow dolly