Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2016, 05:22 AM   #1

Tow system

Looking for input. What is good around towing system for my 2001
Gulf stream Conquest. Will be towing a Mazda B3000 manual shift
2wd.
Thanks
beeman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 05:30 AM   #2

I am sure you will get all kinds of answers to this question. My setup is a Ready Brute Elite tow bar and a Blue Ox base plate. Works well towing a 2012 Chevy Captiva behind out Super C.
You may get better response if you ask to have this thread moved to Toads and Motorhome Related Towing.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:18 AM   #3

tow

How do i get this moved
beeman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 for the ReadyBrute Elite setup. Works well. Great bang for the buck.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman12 View Post
How do i get this moved
Click on red triangle in box to right of message. Ask to have thread moved.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:08 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman12 View Post
How do i get this moved
Consider it done, good luck with your search.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:11 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use the ReadyBrute Elite tow bar, works great.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
I am sure you will get all kinds of answers to this question. My setup is a Ready Brute Elite tow bar and a Blue Ox base plate. Works well towing a 2012 Chevy Captiva behind out Super C.
You may get better response if you ask to have this thread moved to Toads and Motorhome Related Towing.
ok wait so this ready brute elite comes with their braking system. Seems like a good system and doesn't require a whole new controller or braking system. Am I reading that right?

Anyone have trouble with this brake system? Easy install? Do your brake lights work? What do you all do for night time driving for running lights and license plate light on your toad?

I have been looking at prices and the blue ox baseplate plus tow bar plus separate braking system is a very pretty penny. Currently leaning toward Air Force one as I think I am getting a diesel (if that ever goes through).
Thanks.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post
ok wait so this ready brute elite comes with their braking system. Seems like a good system and doesn't require a whole new controller or braking system. Am I reading that right?

Anyone have trouble with this brake system? Easy install? Do your brake lights work? What do you all do for night time driving for running lights and license plate light on your toad?

I have been looking at prices and the blue ox baseplate plus tow bar plus separate braking system is a very pretty penny. Currently leaning toward Air Force one as I think I am getting a diesel (if that ever goes through).
Thanks.
You are reading right. When cable has been setup properly. All that's needed is to hook up the tow bar and cables. Air Force One is a good system. But prefer not having any electronics in my braking system.
If toad lights work with Ready Brute depends on the vehicle. My Captiva brake lights do not work with key in accessory position. I have diodes on the brake and directional tail lights.
My Ready Brute Elite tow bar was purchased off EBAY for a great price. Blue Ox base plate was purchased off Amazon. Whole project was completed for just over $1000.
Diesel or gas does not make a difference using the Ready Brute tow bar.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I recommend the NSA ReadyBrute Elite towbars with built-in ReadyBrake braking system! Everything you need for a LOT less money!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #11

Look at Roadmaster Systems. I've been using the Roadmaster Sterling Allterrain since 2008. Had it serviced a few years ago (washers replaced and inspected). For me Blue Ox would be my second choice. Look at the newer remote control braking systems. Check out all the systems available, because you will probably keep it for several years. Dave
Old 10-18-2016, 04:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I recommend the NSA ReadyBrute Elite towbars with built-in ReadyBrake braking system! Everything you need for a LOT less money!
that was my thinking, but seems like any steep down hill action would cause brakes on toad to engage or exhaust brakes. Can't figure out how you have running lights, plate lights and brake lights at night.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #13

We have used the Roadmaster system for over ten years with no problems. We are on the second base plate for our new Traverse. We use the Roadmaster air brake system for braking. Running lights, etc are handled via a separate harness. However, when the air brakes on the coach are activated, the lights in the Traverse light up big time. Very happy how easy the system is to use.
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDISCOVERY View Post
We have used the Roadmaster system for over ten years with no problems. We are on the second base plate for our new Traverse. We use the Roadmaster air brake system for braking. Running lights, etc are handled via a separate harness. However, when the air brakes on the coach are activated, the lights in the Traverse light up big time. Very happy how easy the system is to use.
JimB
cool - I may give them a try. Where would you get a harness for running lights etc?

Tags
tow