Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #15

A man with similar tastes, I love it!
I embrace my inner Clampett whilst driving down the road and I can see you do too.
Nice work Scott, and very nice setup!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #16

Here is our rig with my old '05 2500HD toad.
I'll get a pic in the future with everything loaded in the new Denali when it's in tow
Happy travels fellas...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00195-20110813-0713.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	56968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Denali_14.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	56969  

Old 02-26-2014, 05:42 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Thanks so much Manke and Fire Up for all the info. Fire up, I don't know if I could do all the mechanical hookups for the toad, but I will show your info to a friend who is much more mechanically inclined than I am (and I'm a ME Pkg.Engr)..I know more about packaging equipment, conveyors and stainless....guess I could take a stab at installing with the help of my friend....may call upon you when the time comes. I do tear a lot of stuff apart, but don't know about an installation like this.

Right now I'm wheeling/dealing with dealers on the 4 x 4....then I'll get either Blue Ox or Roadmaster tow bars...haven't decided yet which I'll get...then the brake system. See you like Ready Brake....(again learning all this as I've never pulled a toad before). My last rig was a 27 ft. Diesel Pace Arrow that I could get in everywhere so really didn't need a toad. I may be calling upon you folks for more info. By the way Fire Up the red truck with red Gold Wing looks pretty hot...of course your rig is gorgeous....My 99 Dolphin looks pretty good for the price I paid for it and the low miles I have on it! And its paid for (even better)...you know! Thanks again guys, sincerely appreciate your input. Happy Trails! Bev
bevnicka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevnicka1 View Post
Thanks so much Manke and Fire Up for all the info. Fire up, I don't know if I could do all the mechanical hookups for the toad, but I will show your info to a friend who is much more mechanically inclined than I am (and I'm a ME Pkg.Engr)..I know more about packaging equipment, conveyors and stainless....guess I could take a stab at installing with the help of my friend....may call upon you when the time comes. I do tear a lot of stuff apart, but don't know about an installation like this.

Right now I'm wheeling/dealing with dealers on the 4 x 4....then I'll get either Blue Ox or Roadmaster tow bars...haven't decided yet which I'll get...then the brake system. See you like Ready Brake....(again learning all this as I've never pulled a toad before). My last rig was a 27 ft. Diesel Pace Arrow that I could get in everywhere so really didn't need a toad. I may be calling upon you folks for more info. By the way Fire Up the red truck with red Gold Wing looks pretty hot...of course your rig is gorgeous....My 99 Dolphin looks pretty good for the price I paid for it and the low miles I have on it! And its paid for (even better)...you know! Thanks again guys, sincerely appreciate your input. Happy Trails! Bev
Bev,
Thank you sincerely for your nice comments. There's lots of helpful folks here on IRV2 and they, as most certainly myself, would be glad to assist you when you start any "mechanical" endeavors. Yes, I use a Ready Brake. I've installed it on a few vehicles. It's one of the cheapest, most efficient, problem free, auxiliary braking systems out there. Now, since you're in the market for a tow bar as well, might I suggest the "Ready Brute" tow bar.

You see, that tow bar is a very nice unit and is really heavy duty. And, the really good part, it already incorporates the "Ready Brake" auxiliary braking system, built right into it. This way, you kill two birds with one stone (tow bar). And, like stated, if you need help on the install of the R/B system, I'd be more than happy to assist. I've got pictures of the mods I did to the system that make it much nicer in both operation and, looks. Good luck.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi Manke (and Fire Up): Wow another guy with toys on his pickup! Wow.
Whenever I get everything together, I'll have to take a pic of my ole 99 Motorhome Dolphin 36' with my new Ram 1500 4 x 4. Lots of work to do yet....still wheeling and dealing with dealers (hate it!). Being a gal, I'll probably have all my toys in the bed of my truck too! Love your rigs....my budget is much more limited and I'm not a full-timer...if I was, probably would have something newer. My eyes are green with envy at those shiny rigs.
bevnicka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdub07 View Post
I am curious as to your numbers. Most diesel trucks are north of 7500 pounds. Is yours a regular cab?
If you are asking me, it was a 4 door short bed. I put it on the scale as that is the only way to know. The factory weights are generic.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I tow a 2014 Ram 1500 4X4 Crew Cab, 5.5' Bed and Air Suspension with a Blue Ox baseplate & tow bar, M&G air brakes (very easy install) and plug & play wiring harness from Tow Wiring Products Honda Pilot 2009-2010, Acura CL 2.3 1998-1999 items in towwiringproducts store on eBay!

A Polaris Sportsman Touring two seat ATV will occupy the bed space.

Tags
towing