Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #1

Towing 2012 Equinox, Need install information for Invisibrake

I ordered an Invisibrake from CW. On the day of install, they called me and told me that they couldn't install it because of a sensor in the vacuum canister line. I had done my homework on Roadmaster's website, and the Equinox has been installed at their factory. I called their tech support and confirmed, and told me there is a work around, but didn't have anything to send me exactly what needs to be done. Question: Does anyone have something they can email me on what needs to be done to install the invisibrake on my Equinox? Pictures, instructions, parts needed, whatever. Or post here. Thanks

;

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Let me Know if you get a answer. I have a 2014 equinox and want to install invisa brakes

Old 02-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Hope you have better luck than I did . I sent a question on the c/w site for the invisibrake installation on a chev cruze 3 weeks ago and still no answer
Old 02-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Return the invisibrake and go with a Ready brake. It's a DIY surge brake that goes between your hitch and the tow bar. It's all done with cables and only costs about $400. I hear about too many issues with Camping World service Departments to ever give them a job like that...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Return the invisibrake and go with a Ready brake. It's a DIY surge brake that goes between your hitch and the tow bar. It's all done with cables and only costs about $400. I hear about too many issues with Camping World service Departments to ever give them a job like that...
Ditto: Far to many parts and pieces,. My next one will definitely be the Ready Brute.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #6

Update...
Went to CW, to question them on a couple things. First was on the way they installed my tow bar.
Being new to towing a toad, I watched the tech measure the heights of both the mh and the toad. He didn't say a thing. I learned about the safe zone by reading the manual (HINT READ THE OWNERS MANUAL) Mine didn't look right to me when I got home. Turns out there was a 6, count em six inches difference between the mh and my toad. Danger Will Robinson... I'd bought a Roadmaster hi-low when I discovered that. The service manager gave me the deer in the headlights look, and told me he would have a talk with the tech. Don't think ill be hearing back from him... As far as the Invisibrake, it seems cw wouldn't install it, because of company policy not to modify systems that could affect the vehicle. (Not like improperly installing a tow bar could affect the vehicle). Anyway, I'll be extremely cautious about what I'll entrust cw with in the future. Guess I can learn to live with Break Buddy for the next few years...