Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #15

Thanks ScaraB on the profile pic info.
Just because his receiver is rated for 5000lbs doesn't mean this motorhome can tow that amount of weight. GVWR see post #5
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
Thanks Scarab on the profile pic info.
Just because his receiver is rated for 5000lbs doesn't mean this motorhome can tow that amount of weight. GVWR see post #5
Well, that could be true. The chassis will be somewhere between the 18k GVWR/23k GCWR and the 22k GVWR/26k GCWR Ford F53 (typical for the Hurricane). These numbers will be on the data placard on the wall next to the drivers seat.

So, back to the Original Topic - with the 3 valve Triton V10, keep the toad light and the RV will tow just fine

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Towing a Subaru Forester, manual, all wheel drive, weighing at 3900 lbs, with all 4 on the ground. MH is diesel ISL at 370 hp and don't even know the toad is behind us. Mileage difference is so slight I don't even try to keep up with it as I run the generator to stay cool. Recent 3900 mile trip of mixed driving showed me to be at a tad over 7 mpg. That was at 65-70 mph.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #18

Well, just made my first 160 mile trip to Sea Cliff at Capitola, CA from Sacramento. All went extremely well. Only one stop to recalibrate the Patriot breaking system. Blue Ox is a fine product. Now...here's a chance to laugh at me. Like most MHs, I use the camera in the rear to keep an eye on the dingy while under way. I also have a cam in the RT and Lft mirror activated by the turn signal. Turn signal cams over ride the rear cam with a slight delay before you see the rear cam again. I'm cursing along with my eye on the rear camera, look away and use my right turn signal, after the turn I looked back down and I don't see the Jeep. I swear for a second or two a cold rush of paranoia raced through my body until I realized I was still looking at the right cam. The rear cam popped back up and all was well. The Jeep was still tagging a long.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum🎥
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBunker View Post
I'm cursing along with my eye on the rear camera, look away and use my right turn signal, after the turn I looked back down and I don't see the Jeep. I swear for a second or two a cold rush of paranoia raced through my body until I realized I was still looking at the right cam. The rear cam popped back up and all was well. The Jeep was still tagging a long.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum🎥
... and don't think you're the first one that's happened to.

It'll happen again too.... trust me.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is a handy site that will tell you what is needed to tow any vehicle you are considering:

Store : Remco
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #21

Towed a 2010 CRV 4 down

All wheel drive

Slow going up the mountains but not a big issue

Seemed to get about .5 to 1 mile less per gallon

Good luck
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
4 wheels down. less than 1 mpg. I will let you know about the power after the next 2 week trip to Oregon and Washington.
Roger
rogerdodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing