Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Just spotted this thread. We have towed a 2010 Fusion about 10000 miles and driven it about 23000 miles since buying it. We follow the Ford manual directions (start, run 5 minutes, put in D, put in R, put in N, turn key to ACC, drive away).
We repeat this at lunch stop and are usually stopped for the night by 4 PM.
We have had NO PROBLEMS.

JimColeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
After the fluid level is dropped in accordance with the TSB, MAKE SURE that when the vehicle is serviced a tech does not refill it.

This from what I hear has caused some problems.

Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
Ford Super Duty Owner
towing ford fusion 2010

Same as Jim Coleman.
2013 Georgetown 335 DS
2016 Ford Focus SE
Donlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
I was towing a chevy tracker 4 down, which towed nicely, but we did not care for the car, so when I had timming chain problems I got rid of it. I thought no problem I will get a base plate for my Escape. then I too read all of the horror stories so I went to my local dealer to lower the fluid and their transmisson tech said he did not feel comfortable doing that because he did not agree with the manual and told me to call Ford. I called them and they assured me it was ok and if something happened it would be covered with the waranty and the dealer I was at was an independent dealer and they could not force them to lower the fluid. I chickened out and bought a dolly. taking the first trip next week. if I do not like the dolly towing I will have to consider another car. the thing that bothered me about the burned transmission was I do not think you can continue towing it 4 down to get home, but from what I have read Ford Motor Co. works well with you if you have a problem.
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #19
As a follow up, we were in Quartzsite last weekend and I talked to the Remco folks. They said they are working with Ford to get a trans fluid pump kit together for the Fusion.
It's almost ready apparently with the hang up being developing the best place to mount it and designing the bracket.
I plan to add the kit when it's available and will consider it a few hundred $$ spent to save a several thousand $$$ trans rebuild.

JimColeman is offline   Reply With Quote