Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #15

On my 2011 CRV I bypassed the CRV wiring. I run a line from the RV connector to a plug connection I installed under the hood on the CRV. From that plug/connection I ran wires under the CRV to the drivers side rear panel and then went up inside and added another plug/connector. I use magnetic lights on top of the CRV. This works well for me. While I am hooking up the tow bar my spouse hooks up the tail/brake lights. The magnetic lights are red at the back side and yellow on the front side. I can easily confirm my tow vehicles lights are working looking at the rear camera monitor.

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
2013 with Nav CRV

would anyone have THE answer....need to pull one or two fuses? Which ones to be sure and safe?

Thanks

CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #17
Dik

Hey Corey, look back at the forum a couple weeks.. There is much to be said from Sky and others on your question.. Also w/nav you might want to look at a lead from motor home to charge your toad battery.. Owners manual should give you fuse #. Good luck....
Old 03-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
On my 2012 CRV it is fuse #18 accs. I made a switch for mine so I didn't have to worry about getting under dash to pull fuse.
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone2 View Post
I along with a couple of friends bought new Honda CRVs. I have not towed mine yet, but my friends are haveing a problem with batteries going dead? We tow 4 wheels down. I do not have navigation and am told by the Honda tech to go thru the set up procedure, and then leave the key in and turn off the switch? The wheel will not lock until the key is pulled. This is contrary to the instructions in the manuel, which says leave the key in pos 1? Any ideas or experience appreciated! Bill
I am getting ready to tow my 2013 CRV and when I was trail fitting the RVi Brake, I noticed the steering wheel does not lock at all with the key removed??? As per instructions, it does say keep key in ACC 1 position. Now I am wondering why since the steering wheel does not lock. I still need to go to ACC 1 to power the 12v outlet for the RVi and will pull the fuse but wondering if ACC1 position has something to do with a low power pump for the transmission?? There is got to be a reason why they instruct you to go to ACC 1 and it is not the steering wheel.
TJPro351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #20

Well, I found out why the steering wheel was not locked. When you go to ACC 1 and then go back to off and remove the key, the steering wheel will be unlocked. However, when you start and put in gear and back to park, remove key,...steering wheel now locks. Not knowing why, the key will still be in ACC 1 position when I tow.
TJPro351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
would anyone have THE answer....need to pull one or two fuses? Which ones to be sure and safe?

Thanks
1 fuse, #19 ACC, Page 236
Old 03-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #22

We had our 2012 AWD CRV with NAVI fully equipped for towing by Independence RV in Winter Garden, Florida in October 2012. One of the components was a Toad-Charge brand system that keeps the CRV battery charged while being towed. The system comes with an isolator and led light display so both the coach and crv engines can be ran at the same time while interconnected without problems. We towed the CRV about 10,000 miles with 0 degree temperatures arriving back in Alaska in early March 2013 without any starting problems. We started the CRV and went through the recommended procedure after 8 hours of towing on days when we drove more then 8 hours.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that,,,,so even with the Nav it is just the one fuse?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Thanks for that,,,,so even with the Nav it is just the one fuse?
In the downloaded manuals I don't see any difference on the fuse issue whether or not you have NAV. For some reason the 2012 manual says 2 fuses but another 2012 owner says there manual only says 1.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
My 2012 CRV manual says only 1 fuse the acc. Fuse
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #26

Pulling fuse question

Since pulling the fuse on a 2013 CRV also cuts the power to the aux power receptacle it leaves the problem of where to get power from for the Brake Buddy.

I am considering installing a Toad-Charge which also, in addition to keeping the battery charged will eliminate having to pull a fuse. Is this assumption right?

Another question. On the Saturn I had before the odometer would continue to roll up miles if the fuse was not pulled.

Does anyone know if leaving the fuse in will result in miles being rolled up on the odometer while towing?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinpeck View Post
Since pulling the fuse on a 2013 CRV also cuts the power to the aux power receptacle it leaves the problem of where to get power from for the Brake Buddy.

I am considering installing a Toad-Charge which also, in addition to keeping the battery charged will eliminate having to pull a fuse. Is this assumption right?

Another question. On the Saturn I had before the odometer would continue to roll up miles if the fuse was not pulled.

Does anyone know if leaving the fuse in will result in miles being rolled up on the odometer while towing?
I just finished with the full set up of my RV and toad. I have the AFO system so I haven't had to deal with the need for a 12V outlet like you need.

YES...Adding the Toad-Charge will eliminate the need for pulling the fuse.

I did a short pull a couple weeks ago with the fuse still in place and I did not notice any change in miles on the Toad.

I debated about the Toad-Charge vs the use of a fuse bypass harness and switch. I chose the fuse bypass because I could then use a 4 flat connector between MH & toad and didn't have to run a power lead from MH to toad. This was a result of using the Tow Daddy universal wire harness and a 7 blade to 4 flat converter. If I were to decide to use the Toad-Charger I would then re-wire a pair of 6 wire sockets to avoid having a separate power cable to the Toad-Charger.

I'm carrying a light duty battery charger just in case I run into a starting problem with the CR-V. If I do, then plan B is a Toad-Charger but I don't expect that to happen unless I mess up in some other manner.

BTW...there are those 3 switches located on the lower, left part of the dash. In mine one has the traction control switch and the other 2 slots have "plugs". You may see pictures with the Blue-Ox fuse bypass switch mounted in one of the plugs. I don't know about previous years but the plug in the 2013 is not a thin plastic cover that you can do that with. I finally decided to mount my switch inside the coin holder below that row of switches. That location works great and out of the way.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinpeck View Post

Brake buddy has a cord for direct hook up to battery for power.

Tags
towing