Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2015, 07:31 AM   #1

Towing A 2014 Ford Edge

Per the owner's manual, the 2014 Ford Edge can be towed on all fours. What I am asking is has anyone towed the Ford Edge behind a gas motor home? I presently tow a 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid FWD. The Ford Edge per the specs is about 400# heavier.
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2015, 07:16 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
If the weight ratings, tow bar and hitch sizes allow the extra weight, it shouldn't matter if it's pulled by a gas or diesel RV.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
It might be a little slow in the mountains but we are not supposed to be in a hurry. If you will be using a toad brake that mashes the brake pedal and it lights up the brake lights with the key in acc position you will need a charge wire, I pulled a 2011 Edge and I think it was one of the best all around toad I have ever had.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:48 AM   #4

Have pulled a 2013 Edge for 25,000 miles. Pulls true with no problem except the battery will go dead after about 6 hours due to the Ready Brake. When we brake the engagement of the Edge brakes activates the electronics again.

Need to run a charge line to mine. In the interim I always carry a Jump Box.

Good Luck
Old 09-27-2015, 02:57 PM   #5

We currently tow a 2014 Edge behind a DP. Like what most others have said only issue is dead battery at times. Charge line is a necessity not an option IMO. It's on my to it list this winter.
Martinichuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #6

XYdial,
I also have a 2013 Edge. It is a Sport model and great little rig. I have not towed anything yet behind my 40' HR Endeavor and have just recently acquired a Blue Ox tow bar. I'm happy to here that yours is no problem. Just a few questions , is yours a 4 x 4 [ AWD ] Do you tow in neutral ?
Thanks to all that have advice on towing the Edge AWD. I want to get it right..........the first time so I do not damage tranny or other components.
RIDER FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER FAN View Post
XYdial,
I also have a 2013 Edge. It is a Sport model and great little rig. I have not towed anything yet behind my 40' HR Endeavor and have just recently acquired a Blue Ox tow bar. I'm happy to here that yours is no problem. Just a few questions , is yours a 4 x 4 [ AWD ] Do you tow in neutral ?
Thanks to all that have advice on towing the Edge AWD. I want to get it right..........the first time so I do not damage tranny or other components.
Check in your owner's manual for instructions on towing your car.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #8

My 2014 Edge is FWD. I now tow a2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid FWD. I am thinking of switching to the Edge because of the new tech items on it; Sync, navigation, blind spot feature and backup camera.
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #9

FWD. Trans in neutral, key in accessory position, brake off, radio off, fan set in recycle position, fan off, Bluetooth off (found out that our phones were still connected while they were with us in the coach some 40' up front).
Martinichuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, tow, towing