Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What is the name of the dual hitch you used and where did you find it? It looks perfect for my situation!

Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 05:09 PM   #16
Only thing i'll caution on putting the bikes on the toad is the lights. I followed multiple vehicles down the interstate a couple months ago in a snow storm that had bikes on the toad. Not one of the toads lights could be seen. I actually followed one camper into a fuel station and watch the guy put an entire bike cover over the bikes to protect them. I went and asked him how folks were supposed to see the lights and he looked at me like a I was an alian. Apparently as long as folks can see out the windshield its ok to cover any lights on the back...

OK off rant....

kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:29 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post

I need to drop my hitch height a bit and a dual hitch solved both problems.
We also use the ReadyBrute Elite and have been thinking about how to bring 2 bikes along. I'm wondering though after seeing your picture if the bike rack on top interferes with the operation of the surge brake at all with your setup? I know the brake lever that the cable connects to extends up when activated and I'm wondering if it jams against the bike rack and can't extend past that point? Have you seen any evidence of that happening? Otherwise your solution looks like it would be the way to go for us. Thanks for the picture!
Steve & Nancy
2005 Itasca Sunrise 33', W20 Chassis, Ultrapower, Henderson Trac Bar
2012 Chevy Captiva Sport AWD, ReadyBrute Elite Tow Bar, Blue Ox Base Plate, Protect-A-Tow
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:41 AM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
There are also bike racks that attach to your MH ladder. If you have one of course. We have used one on both of the two MHs we have owned. You may need a step ladder to get the bikes up there and strapped in. I can get them on the rack but need the ladder to attach some of the straps.
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:41 AM   #19

Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post

I need to drop my hitch height a bit and a dual hitch solved both problems.
My bike rack is similar. I made a sleeve that fits over the elite tow bar. Welded a 2" tube above the sleeve. I mounted a Curt bike rack on the 2" tube. It does not interfere with my ready brute elite brake system.
The Curt bike rack may work on Blue Ox bar without any modifications. It depends on how far hitch extends out of receiver hitch.
2004 Endura 6340D
2012 Chevy Captiva toad
ronjhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
We are also looking for a bike solution between Fleetwood 38 excursion and Fiat 500 Pop.
We are using Blue Ox Avail tobar. Considering a Swagman Original 3 Bike Towing Rack for 2" Trailer Hitches - S64600. Slides over the 2" receiver. $142.20 from etrailer. Just need to make a few more measurements to make sure.
Good luck with your search. It would be helpful to share what you decide to go with.

Tom, Connie, & Katie (Wirehaired Dachshund)
2007 Fleetwood Expedition, 300 Cat, Allison 6spd 3000
Fiat 500 Pop toad,Blue Ox Avail, RVi 2 brake
TRV1 is offline   Reply With Quote

bike rack, blue ox, motorhome, tow, towing