Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
The Colorado or in my case Canyon truck is a great TOAD. I just got back from a 4800 mile trip towing my 2005 Canyon. At almost every campsite I had someone come over and start asking about my truck--I got more comments on the Canyon that I did on my wife, MH and dog combined

While I'm plugging let me give some praise to SMI for their Stay-n-Play system. It worked perfectly up and down the Rocky Mountains!! I just can't believe the number of fellow RV'ers that I met that do not use aux brake systems

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #16

Guy's, how have you installed your running lights in your 05's???

I have a 05 Canyon and when I went to install my lights, the ones you drill the hole in the tail light lens. It looks like their is NO room for the light and there are no flat surfaces on the light housing to mount the socket. I assume you need a flat surface?

Can anyone help on this one???? Thanks

Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #17

From Car and Driver magazine, see last line.

Saturn Vue V-6 AWD - Short Take Road Tests

1 | 2
GM breaks down and buys a Honda.
BY AARON ROBINSON, PHOTOGRAPHY BY DANIEL V. WINTER March 2004

The otherwise undistinguished career of your humble author took a lucky turn in 1999 when, while working at the trade newspaper Automotive News, a deep throat at GM let fly that the General was talking to the Honda Motor Company about buying V-6 engines. The rumble of Sloan and Kettering rolling over in their graves registered on the Richter scale.

The world's largest automaker, which spawned the automatic transmission, the self-starter, and the catalytic converter, was reduced by changes of fortune to buying engines from a smaller Japanese outfit that, 35 years ago, was marketing air-cooled two-cylinder cars with chain drive. This was big. But to be a news story, it needed a second source, another singing canary. What it got was the head goose.

Not long after, I was a guest of Honda's at the Twin Ring Motegi racetrack in Japan. Dawdling behind the pits awaiting a drive in an S2000, I turned around to find Honda's president, Hiroyuki Yoshino, standing nearby, alone, having wandered away from his ever-present SWAT team of handlers. The question was delivered with a shaky voice: Is Honda discussing an engine sale with GM? Yoshino, arms folded, eyes impassive, remained mute for a moment, then said, "Yes, and we are talking to Ford, too." Ding! Express ticket to page one, please.

Who knows what became of the Ford talks? The first byproduct of the GM deal is pictured right here between your thumbs: the 2004 Saturn Vue equipped with an SOHC 24-valve 3.5-liter V-6 built by Honda at its engine plant in Anna, Ohio.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken & Sandy:
Guy's, how have you installed your running lights in your 05's???

I have a 05 Canyon and when I went to install my lights, the ones you drill the hole in the tail light lens. It looks like their is NO room for the light and there are no flat surfaces on the light housing to mount the socket. I assume you need a flat surface?

Can anyone help on this one???? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken & Sandy - I recently installed the auxiliary tail light bulbs in my 2007 Colorado. While the surfaces inside the taillight are not perfectly flat, they are close enough that you can drill through with a hole saw and get a good seal when you install the socket. (I did apply a good layer of silicone sealant around the socket when finished.) Install the new bulbs so that the new openings are on the downward side of the taillight, to prevent water entering. The two bulbs will be close but will fit. See the attached pics. Hope this helps!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 AM   #19
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vet Man:
[quote]Vetman, I went to look at a Equinox (if that's what you're thinking) and I really don't think it has a Honda engine or the saleman would have said something different when I asked him about it.

Hi Driver, Equinox is the one I was thinking about, I had seen one but have never sat in one. I was told by the Saturn dealer that the Vue had a Honda engine, I do not know about the Equinox or if he was correct. Vet Man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Equinox does not have the Honda engine/transaxle and is not towable 4 down. Only the Saturn Vue up to 2007 has the Honda drivetrain. Starting in 2008, the Vue has a different drivetrain which is still towable. My guess is that in the next year or two the Equinox will have the same drivetrain as the 2008 Vue.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote