Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
trampsrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sault ste marie,Ontario,Canada
Posts: 310
i have a mh and i pull my 1999 ranger on a master tow dolly backwards(its a 2x4).i rent the car dolly out per day which paid for itself in 8 months.when i tow the ranger backwards the steering wheel is locked and the seat belt is through the steering wheel.i would not pull the ranger backwards cross country.
__________________

__________________
1997 four winds windsport 38,000 miles
1999 ford ranger sport on a master tow car dolly
Rob,Faye and peanut(long haired chiwawa)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
becks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fulltime/ SE Minnesota
Posts: 2,544
We towed a 2008 Ford Ranger 4x4 Auto for 2 years with a gas coach and hauled motorcycle in truck bed. Great truck to tow, and just needs the neutral tow kit and reflash from Ford. We sold the truck, but I have the blue ox bracket, and neutral tow kit. PM me if you would like to buy them, as I will sell very reasonable.
__________________

__________________
06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon/2003 Honda CRV
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
Yaj
Senior Member
 
Yaj's Avatar
 
Pond Piggies Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hartford, WI
Posts: 156
I pull a Chevy Colorado 4X4 crew cab. Transfer case comes with a neutral, steering does not lock.
I use a Ready Brute w/ Ready Brake.
Very easy to set up and tow, works great!
__________________
1996 HR Endeavor LE, 5.9 Cummins 230hp
Hartford, WI
Yaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Hermosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj View Post
I pull a Chevy Colorado 4X4 crew cab. Transfer case comes with a neutral, steering does not lock.
I use a Ready Brute w/ Ready Brake.
Very easy to set up and tow, works great!
Yaj,
What's the weight on your Colorado 4x4 crew cab? Also, how do you choose neutral with the push buttons on the dash, or do you have a floor shifter selector? thanks!
__________________
Hermosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Hermosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
We towed a 2008 Ford Ranger 4x4 Auto for 2 years with a gas coach and hauled motorcycle in truck bed. Great truck to tow, and just needs the neutral tow kit and reflash from Ford. We sold the truck, but I have the blue ox bracket, and neutral tow kit. PM me if you would like to buy them, as I will sell very reasonable.

becks, I sent you a PM.
__________________
Hermosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Yaj
Senior Member
 
Yaj's Avatar
 
Pond Piggies Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hartford, WI
Posts: 156
I think the truck weighs about 4000lbs.
To put transfer case in neutral I put transmission in neutral, push and hold 2 wheel high and 4 wheel low buttons for about 15 seconds, the neutral indicator light lights. I then stop engine, put transmission in park, turn key all the way off and remove key.
To put transfer case in gear I turn key on (do not start engine), put transmission in neutral, push and hold 2 wheel high until transfer case shifts to 2 wheel high, then start engine.
__________________
1996 HR Endeavor LE, 5.9 Cummins 230hp
Hartford, WI
Yaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Hermosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj View Post
I think the truck weighs about 4000lbs.
To put transfer case in neutral I put transmission in neutral, push and hold 2 wheel high and 4 wheel low buttons for about 15 seconds, the neutral indicator light lights. I then stop engine, put transmission in park, turn key all the way off and remove key.
To put transfer case in gear I turn key on (do not start engine), put transmission in neutral, push and hold 2 wheel high until transfer case shifts to 2 wheel high, then start engine.

Yaj,
You now have me interested in a Chevy Colorado or the sister truck, the GMC Canyon. I looked at new one today that was a new 2012 with the Z71 option, SLT1 package (wheel flares and nice wheels), I may own that before the weekend is over. My Dodge Ram has been great to me, I wish it wasn't so heavy, may be time for it to go. The 4x4 Crew Cab is about 4200 lbs.
__________________

__________________
Hermosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ford, towing



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.