Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #15

I believe that only the CRV's can be towed per Honda.

Prior years other models were available for towing.

We have had very good luck with our '04 Element. We used it on our last rig as well and have over 40,000 miles being towed and another 45,000 miles driven.

Other than annual maintenance, the only items that have been replaced are tires, battery and one electronic solenoid (engine related that cost less than $200 including labor @ a Honda dealer).

It is great for storing items while on the road with the rear seats flipped to their sides. Only downside is that there is more road noise and less comfort than our son's CRV from the same year.

We actually like the look as it looks like a step-child from our Avalanche and is less likely to be stolen.
Techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #16

towing a Honda

Just got back from first tow to Az-no problems Man you can really put a bunch of money in getting a toad ready to pull. I found some Blue Ox tow bars on E-bay (1/2 new price) . Found used plates on the board (thanks Bill). I called the Blue Ox installer near me and they wanted $750 to install the plates on the car and wire up. My mechanic did if for $240. If you bought new and paid dealer?? to install you could get a grand or better into it?? my two cents Happy Holidays everyone
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie View Post
I believe that only the CRV's can be towed per Honda. Prior years other models were available for towing.
The 2009 and 2010 Honda Fit is approved by Honda for towing 4-down.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #18

I've been pulling a 98 civic auto..4 down for about 1000 miles ...so far, no issues.
rockready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to gordons1
We have a 2006 Accord,auto trans...and have towed it successfully - providing I continue to follow the "Emergency Towing requirements" for honda...its on the web .. print it out and follow it carefully! The service manager at a local Honda dealer told me his brother toad an Odyessey all over the county with no problems and they have the same basic transmission! The trick is to keep the trans fluid properly circulated when you stop - but at least once evry 4 or so hours!
gordons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #20

We have a 2006 2wd Pilot and I'm worried about towing it after all I have read. Has anyone here actually towed a 2006 Pilot for 500 miles plus? I have read where 2005 Pilots could be towed, 2006 originally could then a service bulletin came out saying "damage will occur" so what's the real story?

Any other Pilot owners wish to share there results? We are leaving, literally within a few minutes, and I'm leaving the Pilot behind even though I was up late last night installing a Blue tow plate with the confidence that we could tow it, then I started reading today and calling around and am a bit edgy so it gets to stay home...at least this time Thanks for your replies to this. I have no warranty or anything like that to deal with, only potential expense caused by my "misuse".