Originally Posted by Alecta
We are looking at towing a 2002 Grand Am behind our 94 Bounder. Any suggestions on towbars and breaking systems. All opinions are appreciated.
Lots of questions to provide answers.
1) Is the '02 Grand Am flat towable? Or...
2) Will you need a trailer or dolly?
3) What's the weight of the toad?
4) What's the tow capacity of your rig AND the hitch?
5) Hydraulic or air brake coach?
Everyone will have an opinion...........mine is buy more tow bar capacity than required.....then you can have peace of mind and be ready to tow something heavier in the future. I like the Demco brand.
Stay away from the "brakes in a box" type systems like Brake Buddy. If you have air brakes I like the Brakemaster system.
All this is my opinion, YMMV