Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I believe that FWD or AWD models can be flat towed, but only FWD models can be dolly towed. I know that is the case with my Lincoln, and I think they have the same tranny. Check the owner's manual on the car you are buying to be sure.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT-III View Post
I know that this is beside the point but I could not resist to ask: why did you not stick with a Jeep? It is sooooo easy with a Jeep. I too will have to replace my 2004 Grand Cherokee soon.
Not everybody wants a Jeep. Personal preference and all that. Also, Jeeps are reported in the media to have poor reliability. (Let the flame wars begin.)

Old 09-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #17

Wendell. Have a 2015 Acadia which is mechanically the same as an Enclave. My owner's manual specifically says that the AWD models can be towed 4 down but cannot be towed on a dolly. The FWD models can be towed 4 down or with the front wheels on a dolly. By the way if you install a battery charge line when you wire for towing, the only fuse to remove is the 50amp batt1 under the hood, and the only reason to remove it is to prevent accumulating miles. Buy a high profile 50amp Littlefuse FMX and you'll have an easy to remove fuse.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #18

I also bought the tall fuse and it's really easy to pull now only takes a few seconds to pop the hood and pull it.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to InspectorK
2012 Buick Enclave Towing

Do you guys run the engine at the beginning of each towing day and at each fuel stop as the owners manual directs to lubricate the transmission?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyn5 View Post
Wendell. Have a 2015 Acadia which is mechanically the same as an Enclave. My owner's manual specifically says that the AWD models can be towed 4 down but cannot be towed on a dolly. The FWD models can be towed 4 down or with the front wheels on a dolly. By the way if you install a battery charge line when you wire for towing, the only fuse to remove is the 50amp batt1 under the hood, and the only reason to remove it is to prevent accumulating miles. Buy a high profile 50amp Littlefuse FMX and you'll have an easy to remove fuse.
Thank You, great information
Wendell
adamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectorK View Post
Do you guys run the engine at the beginning of each towing day and at each fuel stop as the owners manual directs to lubricate the transmission?
Nope;just run engine while hooking up to tow bar and then when I unhook from tow bar. I normally do not drive more than 400 miles per day.
Love the Enclave......
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #22

Battery drain on 2014 Enclave

First trip with our new 2014 Enclave and Battery drains in a few hours. Installed both switches(50A under hood and 15A under floor board) . First 15A switch from Blue Ox was bad. Got another one from them. So after first night I actually manually removed all three fuses just to start diagnosing. Now on third night out headed to TX and still no resolve. I must be missing something? Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks
Brandon
Old 12-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #23

Nor'easters Club
I made a charging system via the coach trailer plug to my battery, fused at the battery. I used one of these and a 12 volt power plug. http://www.amazon.com/Bully-TC-182-1...=pd_sim_auto_4
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:04 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Terry , I tow a 2008 enclave clx front wheel drive, I just pull the 50 amp under the hood never had any problem love the enclave. I may install a switch after reading the other posts maybe the toogle switch sounds like the cheap way to go. Hope this helps
Old 12-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectorK View Post
I run the engine at the beginning of each day and at each fuel stop as directed. I usually just start the car before i start fueling then stop it when i'm done fueling, then repull the fuses and i'm ready for another 400 or so miles. Not that big a deal for me anymore.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I made a charging system via the coach trailer plug to my battery, fused at the battery. I used one of these and a 12 volt power plug. Amazon.com: Bully TC-182 12V Trailer Adapter: Automotive
The shop that installed the BO baseplate ran a wire from the center pole of MH to the battery. We finally got out of the rain this afternoon on our trip and I found the center pole was not hot. 2 o'clock position was hot and I now have it redirected. Still think there is something else in car draining the battery. Most forums on the Enclave owners pull the three fuses as manual states and have no battery issues. Hopefully the hot wire back feeding will eliminate my problem. Plan on talking to BO at Tampa show and see if they have any thoughts.

Brandon
2014 Enclave
Old 12-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #27

Nor'easters Club
I use a aux brake system, so I expect 12volt usage.

ditto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing